Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ethanol

Ethanol

Tried searching - found nothing specifically targetting this question. Maybe I'm bad at searching.

Anyway:

Ethanol - safe to use on 94 GSi? Anyone given it a shot? Details please!

Member Array
    Car:
    integbrah!
    why not just use v power or bp ultimate?

Quote Originally Posted by lemmm View Post
    why not just use v power or bp ultimate?
    errrrr, did you think of the fact that it cost 10 -15 cents more per litre????
    Last edited by Bludger; 16-11-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    an extra 10-15 cents per litre , helps with your car running smoother last longer and just feels a whole lot better when driving

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I always run my car on 98. it's cleaner, more mileage, better power than 91 (not heaps more), and my car demands premium anyway, I once put E10 in my DA9 and it ran like shit. no power. haha
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    I always run my car on 98. it's cleaner, more mileage, better power than 91 (not heaps more), and my car demands premium anyway, I once put E10 in my DA9 and it ran like shit. no power. haha
    probably becos the ethanol fuel was carrying water along with a whole lot of other gunk thats built up in a car as old as the DA9

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    your car requires you to run 'premium' unleaded anyway and it even says on the inside of your tank lid and in your hand book..

well for a dc2r it did

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by NSPYRE View Post
    probably becos the ethanol fuel was carrying water along with a whole lot of other gunk thats built up in a car as old as the DA9
    wow, I have been enlightened haha
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    NSPYRE is right, when you put an ethanol blend in your tank you can pick up some water if there is any in there.

Normally water just sits in the bottom of your tank and causes no problems unless there is too much. Ethanol is soluble in water however and this means that the water does not just sit in the bottom but can actually 'blend' in with the fuel causing problems.

It is not uncommon for water to be in a fuel tank, you know the 'hiss' when you open the fuel cap? that is air being sucked in, moisture in that air then condensates and as it is heavier than the fuel is goes to the bottom of the tank where it cannot evaporate again. Not usually anything to worry about though.
    Last edited by mooshie; 18-11-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    *Puts hand up* does anyone make a fuel additive to disperse/replace the water? maybe in a WD40 sorta way? (not that I'd ever spray WD40 in my fuel tank lol)
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    I really wouldnt worry about it but, no, the only way is to drain your tank