Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    I HATE saying * i should have*, i hate excuses, but I see no reason why it wouldn't do a 14.9 in 17degrees if I remove the stereo, spare, etc and stiffen the konis - remeber, still has stock springs.
    well, there are a few reasons,

a) heat does not affect NA cars very much at all,

b) you would need to remove about 400kg to lose 8 whole tenths of a second...

but the most important telling factor is the 60ft time

if over 2.4's you will drop down to low 15's if you can pull 2.2's or under

your MPH indicates you should be pulling lower 15's, but i think it is all about practice and learning how to get the car moving off the line...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Teg VTiR
    Congrats on the time - good on ya for getting out and having a go

I don't think you can compare street performance times to track performance anyway, as it's harder for any driver to adjust to the track conditions, compared to normal road conditions. Oh, and you can't say about my cars weight / power etc etc, esp if you compare stock Teg vs Prelude times... and when I ran, I was defintely stock.

Defintely get the 60ft'rs better (thats where your car should be faster than mine), and you'll get a low 15 . I am suprised your MPH times weren't higher, does your CAI get plenty of air?
    Last edited by bluebird; 13-01-2005 at 09:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    well, there are a few reasons,

a) heat does not affect NA cars very much at all,
    Ummm.....
    Well, if the engine is sucking hot air, it isn;t sucking dense air - sure, it was dry, but the air was thin The airbox didn;t get a chance to breate anything but heatsoaked air. It doesn;t matter how much air it breathes, it still makes a difference.. Or should I find the every 4 degrees makes some % difference... I'm sure dad was the excel spreadsheet somewhere

CAI - well, it only has a stock Honda intake - Prelude Type S one, but still has full resonator etc - and black box under black bonnet = shizzle. I'd go for a better intake, but I don't believe CAIs work.... maybe I should try them - I difinitely wasn;t getting anything out of stock airbox last night....

My 60' times were slow due to no slipping of clutch and nothing brave on the front tyres. I have no doubt that it would do a 14.9 with no more performance mods except tyres.... That should bring the 60' times way down

And I'll be going back in 2 weeks to try and do just that.. Unless its a hot one, I'll sit it out til I can try for a sub 20degree run. Next time I WILL be removing stuff, winding up the rear shocks and I may even slip the clutch this time....

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Ummm.....
    Well, if the engine is sucking hot air, it isn;t sucking dense air - sure, it was dry, but the air was thin The airbox didn;t get a chance to breate anything but heatsoaked air. It doesn;t matter how much air it breathes, it still makes a difference.. Or should I find the every 4 degrees makes some % difference... I'm sure dad was the excel spreadsheet somewhere

CAI - well, it only has a stock Honda intake - Prelude Type S one, but still has full resonator etc - and black box under black bonnet = shizzle. I'd go for a better intake, but I don't believe CAIs work.... maybe I should try them - I difinitely wasn;t getting anything out of stock airbox last night....

My 60' times were slow due to no slipping of clutch and nothing brave on the front tyres. I have no doubt that it would do a 14.9 with no more performance mods except tyres.... That should bring the 60' times way down

And I'll be going back in 2 weeks to try and do just that.. Unless its a hot one, I'll sit it out til I can try for a sub 20degree run. Next time I WILL be removing stuff, winding up the rear shocks and I may even slip the clutch this time....
    you can borrow my slicks if you think you can get 14.9's man........

if anything I think Tink knows his 1/4mile sheet.........

*insert FastNFurious tunes here*

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA
    you can borrow my slicks if you think you can get 14.9's man........

if anything I think Tink knows his 1/4mile sheet.........

*insert FastNFurious tunes here*
    But you don't have 16s do you?? Nor do you have a 5x114.9 wheel...
    Thanks anyways though... I'd hope I went faster than 14.9 on slicks though...

The key is definitely in the 60' time... Just gotta get that down and go from there

However, this has seen a new found determination from me to ensure I run a 14.9, just to prove it can....

he he he, musta been bad if you not telling us what your 60's were, lol!

PS - where are the pics of my DC2 sussy stuff man!

and for the 'heat soak' thing, yes the theory is that less dense air is bad, but in reality does it have a real impact?

at WSID i was running in 35 degree heat in the day and 17 degree heat at night, my times were within a few hundreths of each other, and MPH was same to 1 MPH (but i am a pretty consistent driver...)

where as the boosted drivers were lowering their times by 10ths of seconds, not 100ths...

so this shows that for NA, heat is not a factor.

and if you think that you were "heat-soaked", then you need to rev the engine a bit more before your run, to get the air circulating through your IM to cool it down... i found that the burnout sequence was enough for this.

also leaving your engine off as much as possible helps too...
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 14-01-2005 at 09:02 AM. Reason: speeling corektions
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    heat doesnt affect me at all
    on feb 2003 drag combat i ran 15.1 ( 30'c plus on that day)
    2 weeks ago i ran four runs of 15.1 and four runs of 2.1 60ft ( 18'c ish on that night wsid)
    i got more mods than feb 2003 but i cant hit 14's

* reaction time got nothing to do with your ET*
    Last edited by EG5; 14-01-2005 at 09:09 AM.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    onya matty! good ony a for givin it a go aye . cant wait till i get out there too and give it a go.. who knows i might run a 15 too hahahaha all in good time mate experience will show through

-elee

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    represent mate... and keep up the good work!

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    But you don't have 16s do you?? Nor do you have a 5x114.9 wheel...
    Thanks anyways though... I'd hope I went faster than 14.9 on slicks though...

The key is definitely in the 60' time... Just gotta get that down and go from there

However, this has seen a new found determination from me to ensure I run a 14.9, just to prove it can....
    if you go again in 2 weeks let me know........i wouldnt mind running again.....

would love to hit 15.5's..........

and oops.....my slicks wouldnt fit ur car.......

wonder if i could chop off 0.2 if i change tyres from 195's slicks (track set) to stock 175's just for the rears for less weight.........hmmm.
    Last edited by MKI4EVA; 14-01-2005 at 10:38 AM.

i wanna run my 100% stock DC2 VTiR and see what she pulls?

McChook, any chance of getting that air filter off you before then?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5
    heat doesnt affect me at all
    on feb 2003 drag combat i ran 15.1 ( 30'c plus on that day)
    2 weeks ago i ran four runs of 15.1 and four runs of 2.1 60ft ( 18'c ish on that night wsid)
    i got more mods than feb 2003 but i cant hit 14's

* reaction time got nothing to do with your ET*
    fark man i dunno how u do it yonas.......hehehhe.......

i should be aiming for 15.4's ..........is ur 74kw (or what ever it was) at the wheels...........i've only got 68kw.