Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import

USA EBAY SHAFTS, what you think?

There are a few shafts on the USA ebay that are copies or rebuilds. Anyone purchased any? think they will be ok?

Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories

COMES WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY

cant argue with that...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    I run something similar, and have no problems whatsoever. I compared OEM to my Generic Branded ones, and my ones are actually thicker than OEM (minimal but still different). Fit like a glove, worked like a charm, cheap as chips, garanteed for life.. No problems here.

i hate you

i baught two new ones from honda $2000 and that was BELOW COST
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    The size of the shaft doesn't matter, as it's the inner spider that breaks. I'd be curious to know what type these ebay inners are? Let me know.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Quote Originally Posted by STAiN MASTER View Post
    COMES WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY

cant argue with that...
    while this may be true - to make a warranty claim you must send the shafts back to the US. This will cost almost the same as the original cost to begin with !

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    I haven't broken any of mine yet, but then again I don't really do any track work or any launch pad style driving activities. But before I installed my first one, it looked pretty good. But then, maybe because my ones didn't look good at all.. haha, Got Pittage?

More importantly, it all fit and works well, haven't had any dramas with them yet... I only went this option because HONDA charges $678.46c just for the inner CV cups, and didn't feel like trusting second hand bits, so I went brand new from US of A. Besides I have my old spiders lying around in my garage if anything does feel like breaking.

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import
    The cost is still cheap, would rather go thru 2 sets then buy used or new at $2000. The add is not currently on Ebay but think its done that before and come back on.
    Well my spiders are fine its just the cups, i have the T1R spacers so if they get worn pull them out and wears in a different spot again on the cups :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import
    Ordered arrived, look good, just need to install. Thank god have a panel beater brother in law.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    With the CV's from ebay, I brought some, however my ABS light stays constantly on. Maybe they sent the wrong size? but I don't know. I'm contacting the seller to get them returned.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    No wrong size, just need the ABS model... So they must've did a dodgey or something.. But nothing Paypal can't fix... Don't send them back, make them send you the correct ones.. Once, they sent me a completely wrong shaft, and they just sent me a new one no questions asked.

Depends on who u buy it from I guess. But yeah, it needs an ABS RING in the pinion bit where it slots through the hub... otherwise ur sensor doesn't detect the wheel speed. Hence the light.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    thank zhong, I know that this is a noobie question but do you have a pic of the abs ring on the drive shafts?