Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 06 Vti

Do you REALLY have to strip out the radio to change the fuel filter?

I am just studying how to change the fuel filter , and the manual goes into removing the console and the handbrake and to get access to them you have to strip out the centre of the dash. This looks incorrect as if someone did an incorrect link.

When I did a search, someone mentioned removing the passenger seat.

Has anyone changed a fuel filter? if so how did you get access to the top of the tank?

It will save me time to find the correct procedure as to me it seems crazy that you have to remove the centre of the dash to change the fuel filter. The special tool bit is no worry as,I have found that you can undo the big "jam top" by hitting a screwdriver with a hammer against the raised edges . I have done this successfully on my Range Rover.
    Regards Philip A

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You sure you're not thinking of the fuel pump? I'm no genius on the Jazz but most Hondas have the fuel filter in the engine bay, and I know that Civics from '92 onwards have the fuel pump sorta underneath the passenger seat area.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 06 Vti
    No , many modern cars now have a one way fuel system with the regulator and filter in the fuel pump assembly.
    This includes the GD Vti Jazz.
    You have to access the top of the fuel tank.
    My question relates to whether anyone has changed one and whether you have to remove the centre panel of the dash to access the console to take the handbrake out as suggested by the on line manual.
    The manual looks like the link in the instructions is wrong, and I have seen reference to removing a seat on the US Fit forum, but no other reference.
    Looks like no one can be bothered to do it>
    Regards Philip A

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    I'd like some insight into this as well, as I'm just about to contemplate doing this myself at 80K km's as well as a valve clearance check. No offence to the posters on this forum, but most don't seem to be DIY'ers, but rather take their cars to mechanics to get a good shafting $$$$$
    Last edited by fundies; 27-11-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 06 Vti
    I have done the tappets so if you need any pointers just ask.
    regards Philip A

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GE8
    I have the GE8 ESM and you have to remove the centre console to access the fuel tank. So it looks like what you saw was correct.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    just like the euro you have to remove the centre console which suck

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip A View Post
    I have done the tappets so if you need any pointers just ask.
    regards Philip A

Cheers mate !!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip A View Post
    Has anyone changed a fuel filter? if so how did you get access to the top of the tank?
    Once upon a time when I owned a Jazz, I have seen my mechanic change the fuel filter on two occasions. You need to remove the plastic centre thing-y between the front seats, and the fuel filter sits right underneath that. Imagine where the handbrake is .... its literally right under that. My mechanic never removed any of the front seats to get access to it, as far as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE888 View Post
    Once upon a time when I owned a Jazz, I have seen my mechanic change the fuel filter on two occasions. You need to remove the plastic centre thing-y between the front seats, and the fuel filter sits right underneath that. Imagine where the handbrake is .... its literally right under that. My mechanic never removed any of the front seats to get access to it, as far as I recall.
    thats just tooo interesting,
    i dont know many small jap cars of the pre 02 which have that design............................................ ...............
    understandable if in a mini

Quote Originally Posted by ACE888 View Post
    And I have read somewhere in the servicing manual that special tool from honda is required to proceed further to change the fuel filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 06 Vti
    The 'special tool' is just a large spanner to undo the plastic jam tin lid on the pump assembly. I have successfully changed my Raneg rover pump by just tapping the edges of the raised bits of the top with a big screwdriver and hammer.
    Regards Philip A