Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front speakers

Member Array
    Car:
    1976 VW Kombi

Front speakers

my front speakers seems to be quite weak compared to the back, really really weak by comparison, so thinking to get some splits, do u guys reckon i need an amp for the splits??

any comments on the below splits??

https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/defa...10184&P=478167
    InTEGRA TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    take the glass out from the back of the car and i bet your fronts will come to life. whats happening is the reflection off the back window is making them louder compared to the front which are down on the floor away from your ears. bet you didnt think of that aye LOL
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    cheap speakers dont really mean good.

they look nice and shiny though LOL
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    George, what the fcuk are you doing here lol
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    give me a hug Matt

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    cadence arnt a bad brand, although with anything in life.. You get what you pay for.. some Alpine's should do the trick for stock headunit
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ^ have run alpine type x pro splits and alpine type x ref splits, both at the front of an integra.
    talking from experience, get alpine type r components (not split). they are the best sounding speakers i've ever heard for that price range. i had them in the back of my integra and they were perfect. i was running an amp though...
    when it comes to splits, or in particular, the alpine range of splits, unless you can afford a good sub they will not impress you. they are crisp, granted, but there is no bass unless you distort them into doing what they weren't designed to do. and that was also with an amp.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    its all in brand mate,

I'd say go for as xclusive said
    some nice Alpines doesnt have to be Type X thats the TOP OF THE LINE one theres more basic ones cheaper too

Kicker does quite well, very loud not the clearest though

I got some Vibes bEAUTIFUL quality

Rockford Fosgate is probably the best in front splits

JL audio is quite good to just a little pricey

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    ah FFS, its all about what the person looking for speakers likes the sound of for the budget he/she has to spend. its not about opinions! when are people going to stop being so brand focused and become smarter at giving out advice? that is the best advice you're going to get OP.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    when are ppl gona learn to stop trying to insult others and just stick to a topic lol.

The guys asking for opinions AND advice get your head together mate.

Chuckz my post shows wthat you can go Very loud but not so clear or u can go shit clear or u can go for highest price one and get the best of both worlds. Ignore icacha (most likely in the next post his gona make some comment about the way i type or the way i wrote this post etc..)

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    ah FFS, its all about what the person looking for speakers likes the sound of for the budget he/she has to spend. its not about opinions! when are people going to stop being so brand focused and become smarter at giving out advice? that is the best advice you're going to get OP.
    that's right, along with "they look nice and shiny". <-- OP listen to this guy, he doesn't seem challenged at all...

slimx - nah, i just brought up the type xs because if other splits suffer the same problem (crisp, perfect trebble - no bass) then it is useless buying them unless you can afford a full set up. coaxles are better bang for buck. i highly doubt $100 splits will perform better than type x's....in any respect....so yeh, go for coaxles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckz View Post
    my front speakers seems to be quite weak compared to the back, really really weak by comparison, so thinking to get some splits, do u guys reckon i need an amp for the splits??

any comments on the below splits??

https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/defa...10184&P=478167

Cheap or not , branded or not, if your current front speaker is stock
    this will be alot better,
    As for an amp , you can run these splits off your head unit, however, ideally you will eventually get some rear speakers and better stuff, so i suggest yes get an amp to be able to supply plentiful of power.

hope that helps.