Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Exhaust for 2000 Honda Civic EK1

Hey all,

I've been doing a bit of reading up. But this is part of my research.

Basically what I want out of the exhaust system is a nice sound. Not farty sounding.

What are your best recommendations? And what price would I be looking at for it? And if you could also add where to buy? (ie, should I buy it all online or should I go to the exhaust shop?)

Thanks

Edit: Hows this look? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SIMOTA-Honda-...#ht_3845wt_952

Its all good for a Honda Civic 2000 EK1?
    Last edited by ind1; 19-11-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    IMO don't get the Simota. Price is cheap, but cold air intake will provide better gains, and get the pod out of the hot engine bay.

As for exhaust, buy a good quality header (second hand is best). For the cat back, get a resonator and 2.25 inch system. Resonator is essential so you don't get drone on the highway. Don't get 2.5 inch cat back as it can be loud. Custom exhaust is a lot cheaper than brand-name stainless cat back. Brand name cat back will cost you 1000 plus. Custom should be mandrel bent vs press bent for better gains. factor in 400 for decent custom cat back mandrel bent mild steel with resonator.

Good second hand header will be 350-900, depending on brand. Spoon/Mugen/Skunk2 are exxy. 5zigen is good if you can get a decent price. Js racing is good also.

High flow cat is useful, factor in 200 for or so.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 20-11-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    decent header even second hand is at least $500, cats cost abit more than $200 with fitting also.

With a D series, i'd recommend just a xforce bolt on kit, its cheap and not too bad sounding, your not gonna get alot of power fom a D series from just basic mods.
    Intake i'd say get a K&N replacement filter, will give it abit more kick and keep the hot air out.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Just get some n*power headers for $160 delivered. Get a decent cat, high flows great. 2 inch system for exhaust, press bent mild steel will do you good. Its a d, the exhaust itself is gonna add like what 5-8hp? press bent vs mandrel on a d is 2hp? Then stainless/mandrel will cost you 200-300 more for minimal gains. Unless your a guy that counts his hp figures and doesnt mind wasting more money then go for the stainless mandrel route. Just remember the whole system must be stainless though, or you will corrode your stainless system.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1 Civic View Post
    Just get some n*power headers for $160 delivered. Get a decent cat, high flows great. 2 inch system for exhaust, press bent mild steel will do you good. Its a d, the exhaust itself is gonna add like what 5-8hp? press bent vs mandrel on a d is 2hp? Then stainless/mandrel will cost you 200-300 more for minimal gains. Unless your a guy that counts his hp figures and doesnt mind wasting more money then go for the stainless mandrel route. Just remember the whole system must be stainless though, or you will corrode your stainless system.
    200-300 for minimal gains? Same as any b or d series. I figure bolt ons give you about 1kw per 100 dollars. Do it right the first time for max gains IMO.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I run a custom header set up to a 2.5 inch custom system finished off with an xforce varex. My car used to have a 3 inch cannon but that was dumb and deafeningly loud.

Whilst the xforce is not jdm branded it does a good job at keeping the noise down for pulling home at 2am and loud for track. Even at fully open there's a nice note without drone.

I just bought the intake that you posted and it works well. I removed the oem resonator, cut a hole in the front bumper and fed a nice cold air feed from bumper to filter. This is working really well despite the Perth summer heat. I will fab a heatshield to cover the pod soon even though it's positioned quite far away from the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by t4orce View Post
    I run a custom header set up to a 2.5 inch custom system finished off with an xforce varex. My car used to have a 3 inch cannon but that was dumb and deafeningly loud.

Whilst the xforce is not jdm branded it does a good job at keeping the noise down for pulling home at 2am and loud for track. Even at fully open there's a nice note without drone.

I just bought the intake that you posted and it works well. I removed the oem resonator, cut a hole in the front bumper and fed a nice cold air feed from bumper to filter. This is working really well despite the Perth summer heat. I will fab a heatshield to cover the pod soon even though it's positioned quite far away from the engine.

Hey thats cool. How long that take you to do? And is it hard? The cutting a hole bit kinda scares me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    its a d series so dont spend big on it man, xforce system should do the job fine, their catback exhausts are not all that expensive either. When I had an EK1 I didnt touch the motor, its a D series its never going to be a performance engine. Thats my opinion anyways each to their own.

Ok thanks. So where should I go to buy this xforce stuff? From the internet or exhaust shop?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Trader on here, look at the race nation in the traders section
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

^Ok thank you.

I saw on Race nation in the traders section they had this:

Cannon mufflers with silencer
    2" inlet cannon from $169
    2.25" inlet cannon from $179
    3" inlet cannon from $189

Whats the silencer do? And which size do you think provides the best sound?

I want to buy the muffler first then the other parts.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I think larger than 2" might result in a drop in power. The silencer is to avoid drone.

In relation to CAI, it wasn't hard or particularly long to do. Just have to remove the bumper and cut out the fog lamp recess. Lining the cold air feed with the bumper can be tricky tho.