EJ8 B18CR Build Help

Hi There I have a EJ8 B18CR that needs some help with breaking suggestions.

Current set up for the suspension is BC BR coilovers and Buddy Club camber kits front and rear. I plan to beef up the breaks in the front first. I was thinking a decent set of Pads to start until I can get my hands on rear disks and play around with the rotors etc. Any suggestions for Pads?

Also does any one have an opinion on whether its worth a EK9 5 lug conversion with the breaks etc or just getting an EK4 rear set up and getting bigger front breaks and rotors?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    best suggestion is to know what your purposes of the car is for.

cheapest upgrade will be rear disk, redrill 4x100 ITR/prelude front setup with 1" master cycliner.

this should give u the same performance as a 5 stud conversion.

else jsut go 5 stud.

If u have no intention of going to the track, then just keep the std breaks and get a decent set of pads

Asking which pads is best is like asking what color string u should buy. you need to know you purpose
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    You should also invest in good quality tyres.

No point in getting good brake setup if your tyres won't grip to the road.

Car is only street driven at this stage but may be track in a year or so once I find the time.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    262 or 282 will be fine for the front. I suggest Endless pads or even Bendix Ultimate. Project Mu seem to get good wraps for the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    do the rear disc conversion big difference, go slotted fronts with either the above pads or ebc green stuff.

have disk brakes for sale here.