Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Accor Euro

Noob on 2007 Euro Tourer CL9.

Guys,
    I signed a subject to finance for 2007 Euro Tourer last night. Buying from dealer. Did checked car myself (had experience with mine 2000 Accord) and did a couple of test drives. All seems ok, checked engine for leaks, etc. Car done 47k so far.
    Is there any common issues with Euros I need to look after in detail? Still have 3 day cooling off.

It comes with sat nav unit which is mostly useless as maps are not up to date. But it has PC Card slot. Does anyone tried to use CF card in adaptor to play mp3?

Big Thanks for any advise.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 06
    Check the drive shaft, cv alex, some euros have the vibration problem due to the failed drive shaft.
    07 euro with 47k kms is quite a new car, shouldn't have any big problem, good luck.
    euro is always very reliable

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    Hey I have the tourer, great car, main issues I have heard about and had myself in creaky clutch due to faulty master cylinder. I haven't tried playing mp3's like that as i have xcarlink which allows you to play either your usb or ipod through the car speakers and utilize the steering controls also

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by akopulko View Post
    Guys,
    I signed a subject to finance for 2007 Euro Tourer last night. Buying from dealer. Did checked car myself (had experience with mine 2000 Accord) and did a couple of test drives. All seems ok, checked engine for leaks, etc. Car done 47k so far.
    Is there any common issues with Euros I need to look after in detail? Still have 3 day cooling off.

It comes with sat nav unit which is mostly useless as maps are not up to date. But it has PC Card slot. Does anyone tried to use CF card in adaptor to play mp3?

Big Thanks for any advise.

Congrats on your purchase. Just make sure that the car has been regularly serviced at the service intervals. I've got an 08 Lux with sat nav and yes they are useless. see if you can get the dealer to throw you in a new SatNav DVD i think the latest we can get for our sat nav is V15.

As for the PC card slot, no you can't use it to play MP3's or anything like that at all. I'd just went out and got myself a iPod connector (USA Spec) and plugged that in myself. its not hard to do at all.

if you need a hand just PM me

Once again congrats on the new purchase, Euro's are a pleasure to drive and i love mine!
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro08Jaz View Post
    Hey I have the tourer, great car, main issues I have heard about and had myself in creaky clutch due to faulty master cylinder. I haven't tried playing mp3's like that as i have xcarlink which allows you to play either your usb or ipod through the car speakers and utilize the steering controls also
    Its frustrating to know that they never fixed the creaking clutch problem throughout the whole CL9 lifecycle, My 04 model has it and I've been living with it for nearly 2 years now. I should really go get it replaced :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonnn View Post
    Its frustrating to know that they never fixed the creaking clutch problem throughout the whole CL9 lifecycle, My 04 model has it and I've been living with it for nearly 2 years now. I should really go get it replaced :P
    It was driving me nuts! I changed dealer and they replaced it under warranty. I get the creaking sounds and a croaking sound, they fixed the creaking but I can still kinda hear the croaking. Hahah after having the croaking sounds for so long Im very sensitive to my clutch noises. Yea its frustrating an seems to imply some kind of design fault with the clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Accor Euro
    Thanks everyone for your advise! Really apriciate it.
    I checked the car and service history is ok. Should pick up on Friday if all goes well and will post some pics.

I saw a lot of pics on this forum and even some videos on the net about how to install XCarLink in non-GPS Accord/Acura models, but cannot find any styep-by-step for GPS equped models unfortunately. If I'll go that way, I'll purchase USB/SD-CARD XCarLink and will install it. It's awesome that you can still keep steering controls with it.

My previous car was Accord Y2000. Was good one, but I just thought it's time to change after it's done 170K in 10 years. ( I do not drive a lot, mostly weekends ).

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Congratulations,you will LOVE the Euro after your old Accord,it will feel like a sports car in comparison...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Accor Euro
    Here we go. Picked up today.

No plans to do any mods at the moment. Just want to install XcarLink to listen mp3 from usb stick and find updated maps CD (mine is v13 as I can see).

Does anyone know place in Mel where guys can quickly install XcarLink?