Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CAI on CRX del sol

hey guys im new to this forum.

ive recently bought my first honda from a long line of commodores and rear wheel drive cars. i took this one for a drive and fell in love.

so i know the basics about modifying cars and what not but im just after your opinion on what sort of cold air intake will be best for my car.

i prefer to be able to go purchase the part as im in sydney.

here are the two that i have in mind

http://www.shiftperformance.com.au/p...name=Air%20Box

or this one slightly more expensive but if it works better id rather get the better one first. thanks alot

http://www.shiftperformance.com.au/p...ory_name=Honda

here is a quick picture of my car so you guys know what im talking about

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Depends what you really want man but SRI which is the simota that you posted up would probably get some heatsoak,

CAI is alot better because cold air = better for the engine but just be careful when going through puddles.

If you want a good CAI I'd probably recommend Fujita over Injen, if you wanted to get a proper airbox setup go for the Mugen one
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I agree with pablos8 on this one as usual. Fujita ftw. I have a Fujita pod on my new intake in my EF8 and the sound is truly amazing, I've never heard anything like it. 2500-3000rpm it has this sensational throaty sound and the VTEC pop is crazy

I ended up getting a simota cai that puts the filter in the guard. So far so good. A bit more noticeably powerful up high. But lags a bit down low.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG CIVIC , CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I agree with pablos8 on this one as usual. Fujita ftw. I have a Fujita pod on my new intake in my EF8 and the sound is truly amazing, I've never heard anything like it. 2500-3000rpm it has this sensational throaty sound and the VTEC pop is crazy
    Where can you buy these units? im after one to suit a dc-2 type-r?

RR

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I recently saw one of the OH traders is a distributor, but can't remember which one...have a look through them all?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by pablos8 View Post
    If you want a good CAI I'd probably recommend Fujita over Injen, if you wanted to get a proper airbox setup go for the Mugen one
    FINALLY people are starting to listen to me

get a Fujita Kit from ebay - they cost a bit more but the sound and performance are noticeably better =D

btw OP - both the kits you linked are SRI not CAI
    the simota kit isnt bad - really baddass noise but it gets alot of heatsoak and you loose alot of power with lower revs - which sux for b16

i would recommend saving a few $$ and getting one of these off ebay ...

Last edited by TheSaint; 15-12-2010 at 10:19 AM.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    im not the biggest fan of all the ones that sit in the front bumper or watever like the fujita, aem, and watever..

if you got the dollars, look at mugen, or modify the stock intake...

comptech icebox intakes are good also.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    or if you get a short ram, just build an enclosure for it to keep the hot air out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    I've heard different stories about Comptech icebox setups, some good some bad.

Mugen setup would be great if you can afford it, if not I think Fujita is your best bet unless you can make a good box setup.
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by pablos8 View Post
    I've heard different stories about Comptech icebox setups, some good some bad.

Mugen setup would be great if you can afford it, if not I think Fujita is your best bet unless you can make a good box setup.

they are pretty much the same as the stock intake..

i just dislike all the fujita ones, since mine did give me issues. maybe because at the time my splash guard wasnt on, but still.

im just paranoid.

but i do agree, mugen FTW!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I use a Fujita pod on a custom welded 3" pipe. The sound is unlike anything I've heard and far superior IMO. It's just so...throaty...deep...growling and angry