Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Integra

For those who are looking for replacement rotors for their DC5

I made a post recently looking for brake rotors for a DC5 base model and ended up getting DC5R/EP3/FN2R front brake components to upgrade my brakes since it was a total frustration finding rotor replacement. I was also told that the rear replacement rotors from honda also cost about $200 + each from the dealer, so I also went to look for alternatives. Just gonna share my experience so that people won't run into the same problem in the future.

During the process of searching, I found that rotors from the USA cost a whole lot less compared to sourcing them locally. However, the shipping price can be a killer.

But then I found http://oemacuraparts.com/

As our DC5 is the same as the US's RSX (Base) and RSX-type S (our type R/S) I ordered a pair of rear rotor from them. I was a bit skeptical at first since the shipping quote was only 24USD. I was actually expecting that they will email me and charge me more for shipping. However, this didn't happen.

2 weeks after the order was placed, I received the rotors through international registered mail from the US. The disks were of the correct size and they are actually genuine Honda items (packaging in Jap).

The total cost for a pair of rear disk was 155AUD which was a tone cheaper than getting them locally.

I am not sure is this a once off offer since on the packaging itself, the shipping cost labelled on the stamp was actually 116.45USD (and I confirmed that I didn't get charged this price).

Even if the shipping was 116USD, it would still put a pair of rotor under 250AUD shipped and therefore, remains a very good option. They do sell front rotors too.

For the base model, I am sure you can request a set of RSX base model front rotors from them as the part search on the website didn't display the front rotors well.

Another option I found for the rear rotor was to get EP3 rear rotor from DBA. they cost me about 270 a pair for the slotted street model from JDMYard. The spec is slightly different to the DC5 rear disk but was informed that they should work fine. For this option, I will confirm once I get them installed this weekend.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by iwkyb; 26-11-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Interesting, yeah pls do confirm the spec diff between dc5 and ep3 rear rotors
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 25-11-2010 at 09:48 PM.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    We sell those street series DBA slotted rear disc for EP3R for $270 per pair , not $350
    A good mate of mine installed them last week to his DC5R without any problem at all , rotor offset , size is perfect.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Integra
    my bad, remembered the wrong number

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Integra
    I can confirm that the EP3 DBA rear rotors fits DC5 too

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    oemacuraparts.com is very good for oem parts at a cheap price. but im pretty sure the postage u paid a few weeks back was a prmotion, as I received an email from oemacuraparts letting me know all shipping is free for customers in USA, and for international orders, the postage was discounted.

Was there any reason that when u had to upgrade your rotors, why you chose OEM again? I done the same for my dc5 about 4 weeks ago also, but I opted for the DBA series slotted & wiped rotors to get more efficient cooling, and at a price of $400 from JDMyard - I couldnt complain. Yes you can possibly get the rotors cheaper (if you spend time going through the hundreds of websites selling car parts) but at JDMyard, I prefer to pay the premium, as the profits are staying in Australia, the product is in stock, and even though this may not entirely matter to you, Sydney customers can obtain the item straight away where for alot of people, time is money.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Integra
    I actually got DBA front + rear for my car from YDMYard too, had to upgrade since my originals were down to minimum thickness

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    some more imformation about the AUDM DC5 brake ...

AUDM dc5 type R .... at the front , is running S2000/EP3R brake pad and EP3R rotor

i am 100% sure it is correct !

from'' iwkyb'' and ''eg5'' .... EP3R rear rotor is fit on AUDM dc5 rear ...

hope this can help other members .....

but anyone can tell me ... about the AUDM dc5 rear brake pad .. is it same as EP3R ?
    Last edited by foky; 04-12-2010 at 03:43 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    the monetary wonders of shopping from U.S. in the hot damn A.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Integra
    quite sure its the same