Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaEK4 View Post
    I've recently changed the oil, i think its the bearings thats making bad noise

Then you don't need to replace the box man, the bearings themselves aren't too expensive, it's just a PITA getting the box on and off. Input shaft bearing noise?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    I find I can shift at 8100 and it won't drop out of Vtec below 6000. Heaps of fun
    Yea, those closer ratios on my box on a b18c2 would enable you to shift at 8,100 and be at 6500+ rpm in the next gear easily. B16a gearbox would be a bang-4-buck budget solution, but if you can spend more then ITR box is the go.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i have the b18c2 box, but i got the torque to run it in my b16.
    The cheap way would be to get the b18c2 and change the FD to a 4.7 or 4.9 which would make that box more feasible for a b16
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    b16a2 + b18c2 box = nugget..stick with b16a or a itr tranny

Why not go to mfactorys website they have a "gear calculator" and you can see what your speeds and rpms will be.
    Its not as big a difference as everyone makes out.

Note: being an Aussie spec, you will likely have a 4.266 FD Not the 4.4 they have listed.
    Its worth a look.

If you decide to stick with the b16, can you pm me your friends contact number.
    I have a b16 & would be happy with a b18 box. Trying to locate a ITR box in Australia is ridiculous, in the states they grow on trees but $1500 plus is crazy.