Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Nice to know the cop is being at least half sympathetic with you.

Although I'm sure the fine was more a freebie for him, than a gesture of goodwill.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMan View Post
    Thanks for the informative post dougie, but I've already decided to drop it because I'd rather not risk increasing my premium and be $500 out of pocket.

Just a quick update on the issue, although I can't seek compensation, the police officer emailed me back telling me that he has personally issued a fine to the other driver for the illegal parking. Knowing he's getting some form of punishment makes me feel a bit better.

You could also follow him home and gouge his eyes.

But what about the CCTV? Is the shop prepared to show you?

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    But what about the CCTV? Is the shop prepared to show you?
    I already posted what happened with the CCTV footage :P

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMan View Post
    Well I went to look at the CCTV footage today and although I could see my car and the illegally parked one, it was too dark to see how far they actually opened my door to prove that they actually hit me. The police told me that all they could do is call the guy up but there's not much else they can do if they don't admit fault.

Since the evidence isn't clear cut, my insurance still requires me to pay a $500 excess which will only be waived if I win. Although I have pretty good evidence to back me up, for all I know the other guy might also have comprehensive insurance and they will bring up all the flaws in the CCTV footage and the pictures. Seeing as how little the scratch is, I'd rather not risk it and risk increasing my premium.
    Such is life... I just hope the other guy gets what's coming to him in the not too distant future.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    if you are 100% that THEY scratched your car, just do a dodgy and get a friend or two from the wedding to say they witnessed it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R / S2000
    what insurance compay are you with?

its plain and simple, excess of 500 applys until the third part admits liability or is held responsible for the incident.

To be honest you should just let your insurance complany deal with the police and responsible party for you, (you pay insurance for a reason). as long as you dont get your car repairered you dont need to pay your excess, excess should only apply if your car has been repaired or if liability cannot be determined.