Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    ohhh nice... I actually really like the fronts on the Evo 7's

Not a 'massive' fan of the wing on the back of that model - prefer the style on the 8s and 9s - but still turbo, awd, sedan, can't complain really
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    yeah I've toyed with removing it to see how it looks, we'll see when the time comes

pretty much a bang for your buck ride to be honest, has everything I want/need in a relatively cheap package

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Exactly. Fast and practical, reliable and not too expensive

Well, keep us updated and make sure you try to pick up a clean one
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport 2008
    Any one has stock 03/04 Civic Suspension? Need to restore the ride height of a mate's car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    While were on the Ek9 Shock talk, can i ask if it will lower the front height of my car with aftermarket springs with the use of ek9 shocks?
    im currently running eg6 standard oem shocks in my car..

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by tsol0811 View Post
    While were on the Ek9 Shock talk, can i ask if it will lower the front height of my car with aftermarket springs with the use of ek9 shocks?
    im currently running eg6 standard oem shocks in my car..
    yes you can.

I believe that ek9 shocks are the same as stock ek shocks. Only the springs are different.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Just reviving this thread again guys - thinking of upgrading the OEM shocks:

Given my car is now sitting -20mm lower with the spoon springs - if I buy the KONI yellow adjustable dampers - would I be right in saying I can maintain my ride height of -20mm? And do the shocks come preset at stock OEM level from KONI?

Or should I be lowering the shocks -20mm anyway inline with the springs?

Basically I don't want the car any lower due to practical reasons and I think the non-adj spoon shocks will lower my car another 20mm because the shock is 20mm lower than stock.
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    yea Alvis, the Konis have adjustable spring perches, 2 on the front, 3 in the rear.

The Konis for EK come out of the box already on the stock perches. Your Spoon springs are designed to work in the stock position.

You can put it on a lower perch if you like ( for looks), but you might bottom out at time since you have pretty soft progressive springs.

The main thing you have to gain from the Konis is having a good reliable shock with damper adjustment. It's a great upgrade over the stock shocks.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    yea Alvis, the Konis have adjustable spring perches, 2 on the front, 3 in the rear.

The Konis for EK come out of the box already on the stock perches. Your Spoon springs are designed to work in the stock position.

You can put it on a lower perch if you like ( for looks), but you might bottom out at time since you have pretty soft progressive springs.

The main thing you have to gain from the Konis is having a good reliable shock with damper adjustment. It's a great upgrade over the stock shocks.
    Ka. Boom. Thanks mate, you answered all my questions in one hit, great reply +1 rep

I've only ever heard good things about Koni yellows, so this is most definitely the path I will going down for my shocks. Keep you posted with any updates.

Cheers again
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 CD Accord
    im no pro at suspension, but you just bought $400 springs and now buying shocks?
    why not just go coilovers? would seem more practical.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by getm_up View Post
    im no pro at suspension, but you just bought $400 springs and now buying shocks?
    why not just go coilovers? would seem more practical.
    I know where you're coming from, but I didn't want to spend $2k on Tein coilovers just for the street - I think in this respect coils are overrated IMO (just my personal opinion, I might be wrong...). I think an excellent quality set of shocks and springs (Spoon, KONI etc) will outperform a cheaper set of coils, on the street, that I could get for the same money.

The other I went for the Spoon springs was the drop was only -20mm; I have a steepish driveway and this allows me to get in and out without scraping perfectly... maybe a compromise, but it's worth it not having the front spoiler all scratched up. Plus Spoon should know what they're doing with components and all the R&D they claim to do... well, you'd hope so!
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    alvis,
    coilovers hands down everyday.

with the driveway you need harder springs to stop the compression when going up the driveway. You can only get this in coilovers and before you say coilovers are too hard for everyday driving, get the right ones and you wont be saying that.

have you tried both to compare yet ?