D13B2 running bad when hot.

Hi,

My girlfriend has a 1994 Honda Civic 1.3l carby and It has recently developed a running problem when hot.

It first started after leaving a shopping centre after a 1 hour drive (well and truly at full operating temp). The car would idle very low and rough and choke and stall on take off(due to lack of power). When the accelerator was applied in neutral it would hesitate before reving.
    I took it back to my work driving it quite aggresively and keeping the revs high which seemed to help.

The next day I went to move it and stalled it 3 times due to lack of power. On the 4th attempt it started perfect and returned back to its usual self.
    Instantly I pressumed the ignition coil was on it's way out and ordered a replacement. When I removed the old coil there was a split in it and a burn mark on the side of it indicating an obvious fault.
    After installing the new coil the car ran fine and I sent her on her way.

She drove to Uni (1 hour trip on freeway) with no issues. 2 hours later she left Uni and the problem started again about 10 mins into the trip.
    She managed to get the car home (1 hour trip) by keeping the revs up and slipping the clutch on take offs.

the next day the car ran fine however we are not using it until the problem is fixed.

I was thinking it could now be the ignition control module but the car has never actually shut down and no dash lights come on.
    When the car is having the problem it shudders and kangaroo hops quite aggresively under load. It feels much like you are running out of fuel.

also, when I had it playing up I slowy applied the accelerator to about 3000rpm and the engine was slowly reving up and down between idle and 3000rpm with my foot in the same spot. (1-2 seconds to get from idle to 3000rpm and same going down)

Any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Have you taken a look at/cleaned the carby?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Not yet. I haven't had a good chance to check it over since the problem started.
    i'm just fishing for ideas before I start tearing things apart.

I'm guessing that a loose vauum line on the carby may cause simular issues but the problem starts well after the warming cycle is complete.

Her dad drove the car around town the other day for 30min after 15min of idling and couldn't get the problem to occur.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I would be having a look at all your vacuum lines & carburettor first before you dive much deeper
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8