Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: power output.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9

power output.

hey guys, has anyone got a dyno chart or any numbers of their STOCK s2000. anyone???

does this article sound right for stock numbers?

http://www.autospeed.com/A_0911/cms/article.html

if anyone can comment that has some figures that would be good.

cheers
    Last edited by philipminge; 02-12-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    ok so i found some info, it seems as dyno's read some very different readings..... which is to be expected.

to make sure my s2k is not effed, im looking for someone in melbourne that is interested in dynoing their STOCK s2k AT MY EXPENSE)

it is in heidelberg and if anyone at all has any interest, please let me know.

they will do 3 runs, and take ur best run of the 3. dyno cost at this place $90 and i will cover the entire thing. will run your car and then mine right after.
    MUST BE AP1 s2000.

i have 56,000km on mine, mechanic reckons still quite tight... if anyone has ap1 below 100,000km im keen to accept.

please email me at prisoner_09@hotmail.com if you are interested.

im worried about my engine being under powered... a stock s2k in that link above reads like 152whp STOCK..... some people are saying should read 180whp.

please chip in any info u might have.

thanks boyz

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    As you probably know, there are several variables with dyno readings. That said, on a Dynodynamics dynometer, you should get about 130wkw (~175whp) for a stock F20C S2000.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9

crap

well eff me, i didnt nearly pull that... and the link i put in above did u read??? im reading just over his power.

i first read 115kw.

Exhaust 124.6kw
    headers +high flow cat 134.4 kw.

and i been in another s2000 stock and feels slower than mine.

im starting to get worried...

New dyno im going to will be with a stock s2k and mine. we'll c how i go.

im getting worried.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    ALL Dyno's read diffrently man, comes down to EVERYTHING, weather tyres etc. etc.. it's really for measuring gains from back to back mods.

but 115 - 134kw is a fkn sick gain! so i wouldn't be worried if I were you. But did you dyno these back to back or ages later caus then it's not accurate.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    wow they got some remarkable results from those mods.

That's inspiring

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    does this mean that our stock s2000 is really under stated by honda instead of claimed 179kw.If thats the case,this is definitely misleading of false information and advertising.Till today ,i would honestly think of as 179kw.I am disappointed .Wonder if there is class action .....Thank you tay.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    179kw would be flywheel or something lol.

My friend has a ap1 i'll ask him not sure about Kms though. i'll let you know

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    yea 179 is quoted factory from the flywheel not at the wheels there's a fair bit of drivetrain power loss standard on all cars.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

179 was factory, at the flywheel, performance. Power at rear wheels does vary a whole lot. as has been stated by a lot on here, the same car can register 30-40hp difference on the same day, depending on dyno, temparature, tyres, grip, conditions.... There is almost no way to find a real true and acurate reading unless yu rip the engine out and have it measured by itself. But being real, even the most hardcore modification fan on here will sa that it's all about how YOU feel about the car, if it works for you, then that's all good. if it doesn't, then do something else. There is (of course) the budget to think about. But if you can handle that, then it's all good.

it's one of those things... Every time someone has said something to me about how fast my car goes, or how much power it has... I ask them how much that matter when I'm driving through the city at 20k's in traffic, but everyone is looking at my S rather then the falcons/commdores out there... going fast is only part of teh equation. for most of us every day drivers, it's only a very small part of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by tay113 View Post
    does this mean that our stock s2000 is really under stated by honda instead of claimed 179kw.If thats the case,this is definitely misleading of false information and advertising.Till today ,i would honestly think of as 179kw.I am disappointed .Wonder if there is class action .....Thank you tay.
    No. It is correct at 179kw at the flywheel. The figures being quoted here are at the wheels, which involves losses from the drivetrain, etc. Also, the base figure from that Autospeed article is arguably trash. It has been discussed repeatedly several times over the years, and is a little misleading - they should bloody delete it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    thank you guys for the reassurance on the kw.It seems true to say 179kw is plenty of power but does it match up to a car with the same power and not vtec ?the s2000 on the low revs is dull till the power band comes through after 6000.So which car in actual fact is quicker on a straight line?I do find there are good days and bad days for the pull off acceleration and the weather does contribute to it.I have a ap1 and Yes! I love the s2000 since i bought it in july and its a head turner in heavy traffic situations and getting quite use to the twitch going round bands with standard wheels.What would be the cheapest way to increase the power slightly?the K and S filter ,exhaust ? etc....
    tay