Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX

Talking Review on N*Power Headers for D-series

Howdy all.

A couple of weeks ago i bought the N*Power D16 headers for my civic and today i finally put them on.
    First off they are so much lighter than the stock headers.
    Went for a quick drive before, I could feel that they instantly had a much better flow in all of the rev range, it feels great to drive the response is greatly improved.
    I have a cannon muffler and with the stock headers it created a lot of drone, and now with the N*Power headers the drone has greatly decreased, and you can hear the engine as it ticks away while driving
    A great cheap mod for anyone with a D engine

As for fitment it lined up perfectly and is held in place and feels sturdy just being bolted to the engine. The stock headers have two other mounting brackets for support but they fit fine without them. Probably the hardest part of the entire install was getting the O2 sensor out of the stock headers, a massive breaker bar was used and when i say massive i mean massive (old fence pole) lol.

All up, for $160 a very good investment for us D's.

Cheers, Shannon

Any questions about them, fire away.
    Last edited by 1996_EK_Civic; 04-12-2010 at 03:05 PM.
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Good stuff mate!

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    cheers man, it was actually fun to do

LOLNOPE!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    So true aye!

5 years ago,I would have laughed if U said I would get into modifying a car,but it's a labour of LOVE!

Check out the mischief I got upto hehehe - Link

keep it up mate!!

I feel ya stokeness

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Yeah the n*power design is pretty good for the price. It begins as 1.5inch then ends at 2inch. Other designs are straight 2, or 1.75 at the beginning and ends at 2inch. Thats pointless even if they are 4-2-1 because the power gain is from 4k rpm onwards and when casual driving your at the 2-3k rpm so u actually hinder your daily driving performance. With the N*power they are lighter then stock and slowly get larger till they reach the 2 inch end, which keeps some of the back pressure and gives u a boost lower down and towards the mid range.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    had a bit more of a drive tonight with them, they have fully gone gold and the tops near the engine have turned blue/purple lol and im wishing i used gloves to put these on cos you can see all the finger marks :/

LOLNOPE!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Just make sure you wash your header with a detergent and wipe it clean to get your finger grease off after installing. They're always go gold with a blue tinge, but this will help to avoid the stains

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Where are the pictures !!!1

DIY threads are boring without pics !!

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    sound so cheap !!
    do they have any for B series?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1 Civic View Post
    Yeah the n*power design is pretty good for the price. It begins as 1.5inch then ends at 2inch. Other designs are straight 2, or 1.75 at the beginning and ends at 2inch. Thats pointless even if they are 4-2-1 because the power gain is from 4k rpm onwards and when casual driving your at the 2-3k rpm so u actually hinder your daily driving performance. With the N*power they are lighter then stock and slowly get larger till they reach the 2 inch end, which keeps some of the back pressure and gives u a boost lower down and towards the mid range.
    On a stock motor and as a first mod this would be a great design.

If I had of got these headers,I would have swapped them by now cause that size would be restricting down low.

BUT I did have to modify my engine to get that down low performance gain to be 'good'. i.e. I did a bit of power but it got me workin' to get it back.

The sound of this design sounds great if U ask me but just be prepared to swap them once U get ya engine going good because that size will restrict.

Know what I mean?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Yeh if you actually open up your motor and change cams, pistons etc. Then yeah these will be very restrictive. But in my case of just i/h/e. Its a good benefit.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    hey mate is it true you cannot use stock cat ?

i had after market headers for my d series and 1 of the reason i sold it because i have stock cat, flange dont line up + after market headers are using donut gasket ?
    DANGSdriveway