Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    'Ticking' sounds like something else - tappets?

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    should have mention it only does it sometimes... doesn't on idle nor on slight acceleration, but more acceleration the more it sounds
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    could be clutch bearings mayb... or even gearbox, worse, could be engine componets

Finally chucked on my N power headers... an i must say, its certainly much better than OEM.... low down it feels pretty much the same, WOT is much better, the engine revs up much smoothly, but the sound is simply gob smacked! lol, love it

PS i have a cat back system as well, cat im gonna leave it as it is, as its big enough to handle, an flow wise, unless boosting or running double power, havin a high flow cat to me is pointless

Sound wise, its still the same sound levels, theres certainly considerably more drone around 3000rpm, but other wise its nice sounding, again WOT is much louder

and weight wise, my god, cast headers are so dam heavy! N powers feel like a feather compared to oem headers
    Last edited by mugen_ctr; 24-02-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    oh yea.... i got an exhaust leak LOL one of the bolts which joins the two parts of the headers fell off >.> thats why it was so loud, i'm hoping thats all

LOLNOPE!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996_EK_Civic View Post
    oh yea.... i got an exhaust leak LOL one of the bolts which joins the two parts of the headers fell off >.> thats why it was so loud, i'm hoping thats all
    did it sound like a tractor with the leak? cause wen i first put the headers on, i forget to put the o2 sensor back on... lol, ooops thats how it sounded like
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    probably sounds like a hi-pitched tractor lol, my mates old hyundi lanta... now that sounded like a tractor.. that thing was f**ked. but when i'm free get a new bolt and exhaust glue it up

LOLNOPE!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    And also, did any notice that the revs pick up much faster in the low revs? im finding that im hitting 3-3.5k rpm to soon, if that makes sense lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    ok, well i finally got around to half fixing my exhaust leak... i used a bolt off the stocker headers and put it on the N*Power ones and tightened all 3... no more engine sound

LOLNOPE!