Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Oh, well the old gasket is the exact same shape and size so I'm pretty sure my cat supports it.

i just did my header and 2" pipe all the way to my twinloop Xforce muffler, and is way too loud and i want to change back to stock ..... just wondering is it the header that making so much noise or the pipe (no resonator) by the way
    so is N"power header, highflow cat and muffler, all 2"
    i cant take the noise cause is so damn loud
    do u rekon i should just change back to 1.75" or even the header to stock as well
    way to loud to be legal
    please reply ASAP

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by baoanh View Post
    i just did my header and 2" pipe all the way to my twinloop Xforce muffler, and is way too loud and i want to change back to stock ..... just wondering is it the header that making so much noise or the pipe (no resonator) by the way
    so is N"power header, highflow cat and muffler, all 2"
    i cant take the noise cause is so damn loud
    do u rekon i should just change back to 1.75" or even the header to stock as well
    way to loud to be legal
    please reply ASAP
    Its a combination of all those things, but most important, get a proper resonator put on, an that should play down the sound, having no resonator is just as bad as having no cat
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

i don't know what to do.... i feel like changing back to stock already -_-
    way too loud LOL make me don't feel like driving it anymore HAHA
    sending back my car to machanic on wedneday -_- not sure if i could make it to the event anymore T_T

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by baoanh View Post
    i don't know what to do.... i feel like changing back to stock already -_-
    way too loud LOL make me don't feel like driving it anymore HAHA
    sending back my car to machanic on wedneday -_- not sure if i could make it to the event anymore T_T
    I dont think u heard loud till u put on a 2.5inch cat back hahahaha, if u wanna be legal, id say get a noise test done at the exhaust place to confirm it, anything higher than 98 decibels say hello to EPA letters
    I think the problem mite lie down to how the system was put an the products used, what sorta muffler used, and cat used, if its a cheap cat, dont expect much from it, Im not familar with Xforce products, so im not to sure as of the quality of there mufflers, but im sure a twin loop shouldnt be that loud compared to a cannon... sounds as if ur twin loop is as loud as some of the cannons we run lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

trust me i would say no one car is louder than me atm LOL is sounds like a track car LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    mugen is right lol. i got a 2.5: custom made system, even the down pipe if my headers is 2.5", cat is 2.5" pipe is 2.5" and a cannon with nothing inside 3". its a bloody straight pipe lol. gotta use a silencer to reduce the sound
    DANGSdriveway

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Dude I told you the other night when I saw the car in person - it's not loud. As I already said the tone will change when the exhaust wears in and you'll get used to the sound - and if you're still worried about it then get a resonator.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    mufflers will drone more as they get older
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Dude I told you the other night when I saw the car in person - it's not loud. As I already said the tone will change when the exhaust wears in and you'll get used to the sound - and if you're still worried about it then get a resonator.
    I never knew that hahahaha, learn something new everyday, and also, i noticed, that once the exhaust heats up, it changes its tone/sound as well, for mine, its raspy when starting, an still cold, but once it warms up, has a nice tone, thats more bearable to listen to lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yes, but also for a new exhaust it will smell like burning for a short while and once it's been worn it the tone changes and it doesn't smell anymore...

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    just rescently mine has gotten louder. it's not the actually muffler it's the headers, i think. sometimes it really f**king annoys me lol. it's the ticking of the engine really loud and shit. what do you guys think? is it the headers or have the gaskets gone? because i'm tossing up to go back to stock
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!