Installing Australian head unit into imported car

I bought an EP3R and it had a japanese head unit so i went to buy an Australian head unit. I tried installing the head unit and it doesnt seem to be working.

Is there complication i am not aware of when installing Australian head unit into a imported car? (Eg Japan is 110v and Australia 240v, but i dont think this matters because car battery is 12v)
    Rep my posts if they are helpful!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    piece of cake. check your fuses, could of blown one if you weren't careful. fuses located in 2 places, inside car and under bonnet.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Do u need to put any fuses in the wires between the honda and head unit harness?

When i removed my japanese head unit harness there was a fuse on the yellow wire (so in between the honda female plug and japanese head unit male plug).

But i also found a fuse on the yellow wire before the honda male plug. So i thought i dont need a fuse on the yellow wire between the honda female plug and my new head unit (so honda female plug to new head unit male plug DOES NOT have any fuse). Is this alright or should i put a fuse in the yellow wire?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    dont worry, the car is fused.

it sounds like its a little over your head. i suggest a pro do the install before something bad happens.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Its ok! I got it to work . Thanks for your help

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    so what was it?

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    so what was it?
    U will laugh. Didnt connect a cable properly lol

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    amatuer hard at work LOL

easiest way to burn a car down, lucky there are fuses LOL

Everyone has to learn .

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    Lol...PeppeX..

just remember that no matter what unit you put in, it will work as long as you wire them up properly and securely by both colour coordination and connection. Sometimes some wires are not needed depending on the type of HU and/or car so with these you just need to terminate them (ie. tape them up securely so the wire is not exposed or potentially be in contact with other wires).

I've been through a few of these to pick up the experience...hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    ED9 CRX
    just make sure u solder the wire connections, don't want them corroding or pulling apart over time.. then heatshrink over the bare copper so they wont short out on another connection or earthing point.

And yes, the main power wire to the HU should have a 10amp fuse connected, 1 last point of safety between the 2 inline fuses already connected. Don't want to blow the HU or start a fire in the cabin

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    lucky for him you guys came to lend a helping hand LOL