20 14.81%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which Type-R?

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Quote Originally Posted by ind1 View Post
    lol :P

For 30k yeah, be looking at WRX STi's and EVO's. But for around 20-25k I'd be looking at Honda. You can get an early 2000 bug eyed STi but they're ugly as hell. Plus, they're way too popular for my liking.. WAY too popular.

Other car I'm checking out is an S15.. Shape is amazing, really suits me lol.
    tbh why you still thinking about getting a civic for 25gs? wouldn't you move on? And no doubt by the time you get the money youll be changing your mind
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    this guys either on his p's an gots lot of money to play with, or has no idea how to spend this amount of money LOL

Best advice, go out there an try them, no point in talking about the cars if u cant physically compare each of em.....

On paper any car can look weak or strong, its the real world that will determined if its good or bad
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    this guys either on his p's an gots lot of money to play with, or has no idea how to spend this amount of money LOL

Best advice, go out there an try them, no point in talking about the cars if u cant physically compare each of em.....

On paper any car can look weak or strong, its the real world that will determined if its good or bad
    wow.

down to earth words.

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    I second the motion.. go test drive a dc2r and see the hype about it. i hope you like vibrations, rattles, and noises. then test the ep3 and fn2.. you know sydney road is not a race track. so speed and power are not everything.. it's all about balance..

Of course. Thats obvious. I'm not looking to buy right now anyhow. This is apart of research, thats the purpose of a forum after all - asking questions/giving advice.

In saying this, I'd prefer a car which got lots of praise over a car which had very few positives.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Ok well since your still doing ur homework, id say, set out a criteria an go through each car ticking whats good an bad, i know everyone has different ways to buying a car, this is my way really

Dont listen to ppl who tell B.S stories about this car or so, odds are they never even owned one, lol,

case one: RX7... rotary are hard to maintain? false, just like any car, they require much TLC, sure they eat a bit of oil, but like any car, u would check the oil an service it

And worse, ppl who say imports or turbos are hard to maintain, thats the biggest load if crap iev heard, cars are cars at the end of the day, a good service an TLC will keep the car alive all day long

If you know what ur looking at, your one step closer to buying that car
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    A boosted car will require more maintenance than any n/a car. I check my car weekly but its all the same, never needing to top up on oil or any other fluid for that matter till the next 5000km service. have you owned a rx7 to say that its piss easy to maintain? to just put in more oil?
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Get an S2000.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    dude just get a turbo b16 eg for 10k lol

Ok well since your still doing ur homework, id say, set out a criteria an go through each car ticking whats good an bad, i know everyone has different ways to buying a car, this is my way really

Dont listen to ppl who tell B.S stories about this car or so, odds are they never even owned one, lol,

case one: RX7... rotary are hard to maintain? false, just like any car, they require much TLC, sure they eat a bit of oil, but like any car, u would check the oil an service it

And worse, ppl who say imports or turbos are hard to maintain, thats the biggest load if crap iev heard, cars are cars at the end of the day, a good service an TLC will keep the car alive all day long

If you know what ur looking at, your one step closer to buying that car
    wow, wise words.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.

Pretty sure his on his Ls cause he said something about his mum telling him not to drive like that or someshit (not sure though).

And if he had lots of money from the start why would he be driving a EK1 lol.

Not trying to start anything i just find this thread pointless. it just sounds like a kid from primary school talking about what type of car he wants to get when his older.
    But never turns out that way.
    Last edited by SuperJDM.; 09-12-2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJDM. View Post
    Pretty sure his on his Ls cause he said something about his mum telling him not to drive like that or someshit (not sure though).

And if he had lots of money from the start why would he be driving a EK1 lol.

Not trying to start anything i just find this thread pointless. it just sounds like a kid from primary school talking about what type of car he wants to get when his older.
    But never turns out that way.
    true story i use to talk shit about getting an ek during yr12 never did get one.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll