Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    LS Teg
    i've got 7" width rims on my eg civic and they scrub on the lip when i corner hard or go over a big bump while turning...the wheel arches sit just above the tyres...maybe get a finger in there...

what can i do to stop this??

yeh, i've got lipped guards, it solves the problem if you dont go into corners too hard or going over big bumps etc....
    フジタエンジニアリング

i wanna roll my guards but dunno where to do it. ops:

how big are ur tires?

i got 215's on the front (215/45/17) and they rub when cornering hard... reckon i could stop it with better suspension tho :P

i think a 205 on the front would be alright...

my rear guards are a bit panel beated and that helped a little, but also not oto sure where to get it done properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 EK1 Civic Vti[R.I.P]
    the only place i know is Donnellans in Box Hill... however so far, i've only come across bad stories about their work.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I got my rears hammered at Tempe tyres.

I reckon it was stupid how they sed that they couldn't u da guard roller cause my car was too low.

Job wasn't too crash hot, so I want someone to re roll da rears and mayb da fronts too! :|

Does anyone reccomend anyone in Sydney that will proably be willing to re-roll my gaurds?
    TEAMDaiGah
    REDSUN Performance: 98970889

Member Array
    Car:
    LS Teg
    i have 205's all round...

the back is fine...just the front scrubs...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic VTi
    i have 205's all round and got my guards Rolled professionally, does the job even with 5 ppl a full tank and a 80kg stereo!

yep, 205's all round for me as well, 17x7... back isnt much of a problem, front still scrapes ocasionally with sharp turns, big bumps, but overall better than not having them rolled.... ive got all 4 corners done
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    LS Teg
    ok, so could you let us in on where you got em rolled?

Banned Array
    if they rub the lip
    get stiffer springs
    hehhe
    i've seen silvias with 9inch wide rims that poke out
    and trust me, u cant even fit a finger into the wheel arch
    =\

to solve all these scraping....i.e problems

only one thing you can do which has 2 benefits

increase the height a little
    1) save you the money to replace / repair
    2) all the heart pain in having to face day in and out till the thing is fix

infact i can think of another, in the summer where cop is in season, less obvious for defects and averting a big arse hole in your pocket for fines..

btw can someone tell me why is it all necessary to have big chrommies or super duper low ground scraping rides ? ..in fact i'm have been curious for a while, pls pls enligten me to the path of the reasons for so doing? i'm curious