Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    I think i need new spark plugs. How much did urs cost. My car runs rich and takes slightly longer to crank over 5% of start ups lol. Im hoping the spark plugs will fix this. When u say it made a world of a difference, what do you mean? Like in terms of how?
    Well I couldn't tell ya why its running rich, BUT I was experiencing the same problem re the 5% issue.
    You'd be right to get the correct spark plugs so as to rule that out first off...I'm assuming you've got an R? You have to ring Honda Parts, provide them with your VIN and they'll give you the price...BUT they'll be pricey ranging from $30-$45 each. SO what you do is (well this is at least what I did) ask them what is the MAKE and HEAT RATING of the plug specific to your VIN. Mine are Platinum NGK with a heat rating of 6 costing $128 odd for the set from Honda. THEN I did some digging on the NGK website and found that the plug they have with a heat rating of 6 was for a VTiR and not a Type R. I spoke to NGK and they said that their part for the DC2R had a heat rating of 7; I have a feeling Honda was trying to dick me around. But with the part number from NGK I went to Repco and ordered them...cost me $87 for the set :-)
    RE world of difference, well it's starting every time ;-) and with the generic NGK's there was lag in the pick up IE it was reving as freely. Now with the right plugs, you put your paw down and it does what it's meant to :-D
    PLEASE NOTE though...and I didn't know this before hand but both my mate and my GF's dad (used to race superbikes) said that with a high revving motor, if you run it cold IE ignition on then ignition off (just to go up the corner shop and back) the plugs no matter whether or not they are the right ones will foul up...get carbon build up between the element and the solonoid and so you'll get the same 5% problem again. Moral of the story, if you're gonna drive her, Drive. Her. Hard! ;-)
    Hope that helps.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    I believe the sunroof is a "dealer option"
    Yeah sorry...that's what I meant...replying after a full days work and then 3 hours at uni I'm sure you all will agree can amount to some stuff ups. Apologies.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Pics! And what's the story with your number plates?
    I KNOW I KNOW...but she's not ready for pics. I want to put some of the old Whore up but it's hard with the boss looking over your shoulder every 6 seconds! lol...anyway re plates.

So I'm driving through the suburb of Redfern notoriously filled with cops for its lovely drunkards, curb crawlers, and dealers, on my way to a gig, with a DC2 full of lighting and speakers, and need to turn right at a T intersection. Now there's no arrow, but the light is green, so I wait for oncoming traffic to pass and make my move, as gently as I ever have. Within 2 meters I've got a WOOP WOOP and flashing red a blue in my rear!
    NOW I have NEVER BEEN PULLED OVER BEFORE and if I can manage to get some pics of the Whore up you'll ask why not! It was p-plate defective for sure! ANYWAYS, Im sitting there actually laughing (this is how I cope with being nervous) as the She-cop asks for licence, and asks whats so funny...? Well, officer, firstly I've nver been pulled over before and my mate said I would in this, I'm late for a gig, AND ALSO if you'd pulled me over aboutr 15 minutes ago, you would have caught me without a licence! She says well that is funny, and lucky; for you. I shut up now as I remeber Ive got a friggin fujita CAI sitting under the bonnet...please dont ask me please dont ask me....BUT she asks for my licence and then says are you the registered owner of this vehicle...I reply yes officer...she walks back to the patrol car, and within 30 seconds, she comes back and says yep your free to go mate enjoy your gig...
    NOW if this isn't walking away by the skin of your teeth, I dunno what is!
    Why I think I got pulled over was that perhaps the car was recognised as belonging to a known dealer, and that they thought they'd get me before I got a chance to rack off...so that when they checked the registration, they had nothing on me...I've now changed the plates :-D

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Hey can anyone see my profile pic...? I can't? Help please :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    No profile pic, you need to add a avatar aswell, profile pic is just for ur profile page and is different from your forum avatar :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by THEEYA View Post
    No profile pic, you need to add a avatar aswell, profile pic is just for ur profile page and is different from your forum avatar :P
    Ahaa...thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by juzza View Post
    dunno mate but from my log books, the sunroof was a factory option.
    That said, I wouldn't have thought that Honda would make an engineering masterpiece and intentionally bugger it up by ruining its rigidity in cutting out the roof...it's one of the reasons why Im in the market for the x-bar...atm when I go up driveways you can actually here the roof twisting ever so slightly %-(
    You're right. You will notice that the sunroof on your car looks different from OE factory roofs on the DC2 VTiR. It was fitted here in Australia.

I don't get Honda Australia sometimes. The DC2R is a special car. It never had a sunroof, anywhere in the world, because the hole compromised rigidity and the weight of the glass up high went against the ethos of it being a lightweight car. And Honda Australia went all stupid and decided to get local contractors to cut holes in the roof of the DC2R.

The same reason why I never will understand the people who own a DC2R and go apeshit on fitting the car with a rocking sound system (There are so many out there!). It's not that type of car, and in one fell swoop you would have completely negated the lightweight ethos and fine chassis balance of the DC2R chassis with the massive heavy amps and subwoofer. And considering the noise of a DC2R at 110km/h, it's just crazy.

You want a rocking sound system, start with a Audi. Best and quietest interiors ever.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by dinorider View Post
    You're right. You will notice that the sunroof on your car looks different from OE factory roofs on the DC2 VTiR. It was fitted here in Australia.

I don't get Honda Australia sometimes. The DC2R is a special car. It never had a sunroof, anywhere in the world, because the hole compromised rigidity and the weight of the glass up high went against the ethos of it being a lightweight car. And Honda Australia went all stupid and decided to get local contractors to cut holes in the roof of the DC2R.

The same reason why I never will understand the people who own a DC2R and go apeshit on fitting the car with a rocking sound system (There are so many out there!). It's not that type of car, and in one fell swoop you would have completely negated the lightweight ethos and fine chassis balance of the DC2R chassis with the massive heavy amps and subwoofer. And considering the noise of a DC2R at 110km/h, it's just crazy.

You want a rocking sound system, start with a Audi. Best and quietest interiors ever.
    Not to flame, but it's their car, they can do whatever they want to do to keep them happy. But I get your point
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    In the mean time, I've gone and got myself JDM folding mirrors, a new VAFCII, Fujita CAI, JDM 4-1's and CAT, and am waiting on a fairly new MUGEN twin-loop CAT back. I'm hoping to bolt it all up before Xmas (2010) and have it to TODA for a tune in January 2011...I'm hoping for at least 110kw/atw.

EXACTLY what i would have done - nice
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Not to flame, but it's their car, they can do whatever they want to do to keep them happy. But I get your point
    I agree with both of ya! It's a sports car and should be maintained as one. But there are those of us (I'm one self confessed) that love just love a drive in a gorgeous car with the windows (and sunroof lol) down, sunnies on, rolling along to a nice fat beat ;-)...but I think going any bigger than I have (single din deck, 6" 4ways, splits, and a 10"inch sub with amp) is seriously unneccesary! That said you're right it adds weight which is why I've made it dismantable for when I (eventually) get it to the track! The deck can be quickly unplugged quickly, and so can the sub, amp and splits...you take out the spare and tools at a track anyway so why not the system I say.

That and I'm a fairly slim built fella so I can excuse myself in adding a touch of weight to the old girl! lol
    Last edited by juzza; 08-12-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    I think i need new spark plugs. How much did urs cost. My car runs rich and takes slightly longer to crank over 5% of start ups lol. Im hoping the spark plugs will fix this. When u say it made a world of a difference, what do you mean? Like in terms of how?
    have been told that depending on year and even month of the year depicts the spark plugs that go on the car...... dont quite understand as the engines are all machine made so wouldt make a diff but whatev, i had the problem with my old em1 when it went to the panel beaters, after they left it sitting there for a week the car wouldnt start..... ended up being fauled platnium plugs, in sying that, vtec runs like shit with notmal plugs so u have to thrash it a bit to get rid of the carbon build up, if its fauling that bad u must have an exhaust or intake which makes the cars run super rich, will probably see a ploom of smoke when u vted it around the joint, basically the car needs to be retuned for the added mods as the computer over supplies fuel making in rich, so vafc would be the cheapest and easiest way to go, and unless your going full rebuild with increase compacity or comp. raio youwould be stupid to go hondata.....

Quote Originally Posted by dinorider View Post

agreed, theres plenty of N14 SSS pulsars to drop in 20's and put a couple 12" subs in, no need to ruin a car that has been engineered into an inch of its life to perform then do stupid sh!t to reverse the time and effort spent to make it go fast.... each to there own though

Also i have some awsome harmon kardon systems at work that are just running a couple 4-6 inch speakers with tweeters up the front with an amp and they will show up most of the $4000 systems u hear in a sss or sx going around, that would be the way i go, just decent high quality speakers tuned properly and hidden from theiving eyes

also update as the new exhaust has gone on, never really got into the whole twin loop craze but im really sorry i hadent, they are f()cken awsome, not too laud and not too quiet, nice tight sound with a burble resmbling some of the supercars we have going around...... and buy when it opens up does it just scream ................ MOVE THE F()CK OUT OF MY WAY, IM COMMING THROUGH, lol
    would be good to get it tuned and see what power it makes, couple mods that have been done do make a hell of a difference, and the pedders coil overs are awsome on the bay run
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Pics! And what's the story with your number plates?
    Same im curious...
    Just me a pm!!