Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli civic

recommended PSI tyre pressure for a 195/50/R15?

Hi guys can someone please tell me the recommended pressure for the size tyres as seen in the thread title. did a search and couldnt find much.

cheers.

btw its on a EK Hatch civic 99

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    32-36 PSI? I go 36

As above.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

For this you have to know some more.

From the tyre 1 . maximum load or load-index 195/50/R15 88V would mean
    loadindex 88 stands for 560 kg/1235lbs and V means tyres to be used up to 240km/h.
    2. Pressure at wich the maximum load is wore up to reference speed of mostly 160km/h / 99miles/h.
    This is for normal car tyres 36 psi/2,5 bar and for reinforced tyres/XL/Extra load 2,9 bar /42 psi.
    The maximum pressure of the tyre of mostly 3 to 3,5 bar is not important.

From the car :1. the Gross axle weight ratings front and behind or if you evert weighed it the weights on the seperate wheels. Can be foun in Europe on a metalish plate under the motorhood or in one of the doorstyles.
    2: The maximum technical speed of the car , or the speed you sertainly wont go over in practice.

This you can fill in in spreadsheet I made, in wich I use the equation,the European car- and Tyre-manufacturers also use , and wich is the savest in the world up to now, but I already found a better system on the internet.
    http://cid-a526e0eee092e6dc.office.l...0tyre-pressure
    In the newest version I chanched the power used in the equation to an even saver one for more savety.
    If you cant figure it out, give me as much details as possible, and I will do it for you.