Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K

b18c wont start, URGENT help!

hey guys just having some issues with my b18cr eg, started it 2 datys ago in the morning, all fine then it stalled out of nowhere (whilst still warming up), then as i cranked it ova again it would not start, check the battery, it was fine, checked the fuel and that was all ok, so i was left puzzled.

so i pulled up my sleeves to figure out what the problem is and started my own personal diagnostics, fuel+air+spark and the motor should start on basic principals, like i said before the battery is fine was replaced with a century 21 ultra duty or someshiit.

the engine light is not on and all electronics were ok, everytime i tryed to start it, it would smell of petrol fumes, by the way fuel pump is working fine also checked that along the way, next thing that i was looking towards was the spark side of things, so i went and pulled out one of the engine leads and took out one sparkplug, when it came out it was soaked in petrol, so i thought maybe the fuel is going in but it is not getting a spark to ignite the fuel, so i changed the sparkies, and still the same issue, now next thing i thought may have caused this is the distributor to fail (no current running through the lead) thus not send the spark and flood the piston with fuel. so i purchased a second hand dizzy from a member on the forum which was on 3000kms since purchased, originaly bought from usa, so i installed the 'like new' dizzy and tryed to start it again and still nothing, after numerous trys to start the car with jumper leads, clutch starts still nothing, and now the battery is totally drained due to not getting its charge from the alternator as it should whilst the car is running, starter motor is working fine, it is turning over the motor but its just not starting, now im all out of clues, the battery is dead and the car will not start.

any ideas guys?
    "SEX" Should Be Like V-TEC, The Whole Street Should Hear You Coming!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like your coil or ICM is rooted

did the replacement dizzy come with a coil and ICM or did you swap that over from your old dizzy

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K
    no the dizzy came complete.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    I read a thread recently (can't remember what section) where the dizzy was replaced with a new dizzy from the US. Even though it was new the coil/ICM was screwed, when they were swapped from the old dizzy it solved the problem. Try swap a known working dizzy from a friends car to eliminate this as a possible problem

charge the battery overnight, put in new plugs, put old dizzy back on and start it up.

(also - get rid of the Chinese dizzy!!!)
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    charge the battery overnight, put in new plugs, put old dizzy back on and start it up.

(also - get rid of the Chinese dizzy!!!)
    battery was charged, before anything went wrong. plugs have been changed to iridiums, running spoon leads and the dizzy is made in usa.

Quote Originally Posted by AXS View Post
    battery was charged, before anything went wrong.
    not relevant.

plugs have been changed to iridiums
    have the iridiums been fouled?

running spoon leads
    and these check out OK?

and the dizzy is made in usa.
    hmmm, impressive!
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    i had a similar problem to my b18c as well. The problem turned out to be the coil in the distributor. When i open the distributor, the black cover had some black soot on it which can be seen if u rub it off with a cloth. I guess from the burnt out coil. So all i did was just replace the coil. I also had petrol fumes so before i started it i pulled out the plugs to let some of the petrol evaporate out since it was flooded by cranking the engine with no spark. i also took out the intake pipe, open the throttle body and wipe some petrol off it as it smelled a bit. Then she started fine.

Hope it helps

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    just get carby cleaner and spray some in the intake see how you go she;ll be right
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    just get carby cleaner and spray some in the intake see how you go she;ll be right
    Car doesnt turn on anyway, so you cant rev that shit through =.=
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Adjust your dizzy and try again, also grounding

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K
    thanks for all the help guys but problem solved, the old distributor was f*#&*, and when the new distributor was put on the bit that joins in to the camshaft snapped clean off, and luckely the metal peices did not fall into the engine, it was sitting between the camshaft and dizzy, swapped the broken bit over from the old dizzy that wasnt working and after it was put back on it started and problem solved....

big thanks to keit from BEL garage, delt with it in 10 mins......