Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Auto Luxury

CU2 Service - Follow the mileage or the month?

I read most of the threads in this forum recommending to service CU2 by following mileage instead of date/time of drive.
    Any pros & cons if I just follow the mileage blindly even drive 10,000 KM in 2 years times.
    Any comments welcomes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    If I did 10k kms in 2 years, I'd probably change oil myself every 6 months, and service as normal based on kms.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    In that case I would definitely be going by time as milage would become irrelevant.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Auto Luxury
    In the CU2 manual, it said service every 6 months which I think is too frequent. Should I just follow the mileage?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    And if you read the fine print in the manual it says under severe conditions to change the oil every 3 months or 5000km - severe condition in that case = short stop start city driving where the engine oil rarely gets to operating temperature. I would definitely be doing an oil change every 6 months in your case.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by TMW View Post
    In the CU2 manual, it said service every 6 months which I think is too frequent. Should I just follow the mileage?
    The minimum service you should be doing is every 10K or 6mths.Whichever comes first.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    My car does low kms and the dealer had no problems stretching the oil change to 9 months. I wouldn't wait longer than that though.

- HZ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Auto Luxury
    My previous car (Commodore Omega) average drove about 15K KM per year and service every 15K KM (Service once a year). It is all down to the driver's driving style and how badly your car need a service/oil change.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    With the CU2, I'd do 10,000km or 6 months which ever came first. My car does only 3000 km a year and I still change the oil every 6 months.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Auto Luxury
    Thanks for all the replies. I will just follow the instruction in the manual for every 10,000 KM or 6 moths whichever come first.
    Regarding the engine oil for CU2, do you guys know how much is the Honda Oil cost and the specs if I would like to get hold of it and get the service done outside the dealership?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by TMW View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I will just follow the instruction in the manual for every 10,000 KM or 6 moths whichever come first.
    Regarding the engine oil for CU2, do you guys know how much is the Honda Oil cost and the specs if I would like to get hold of it and get the service done outside the dealership?
    Honda oil is a 10w-30 mineral oil, and many people around said that it is made by Caltex. You could do much better than Honda mineral oil. I believe there is a new Honda synthetic oil that is available, and that should be much better.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Honda oil is a 10w-30 mineral oil, and many people around said that it is made by Caltex. You could do much better than Honda mineral oil. I believe there is a new Honda synthetic oil that is available, and that should be much better.
    Yeah it's on special at the moment $62.00.Bit expensive IMO.