Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Central Locking Stopped Working?

I have an integra 1997 GSI. My central locking has stopped working for awhile now. It opens and locks all the doors besides the driver door. I have to use the key to manually lock the door. The door makes the unlocking noise but it just doesn't unlock.

Does anyone know what the issue is and if it's an easy fix?

Thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    same thing with my 5r

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Remove the door panel, have a look at the rods attached to the actuator, its probably just loose if its still making noises.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Hey mate, I also have a DC4 with the same problem. As flipfire said, it could be that something to do with the actuator has come loose. Or it could mean that your actuator needs replacing. Mine started acting up a couple of months back, so i took it to Honda and they had a look and said it was the actuator that needs replacing. Funny thing is though is that after they had a look at it my central locking worked fine for a number of weeks, only recently has it started playing up again.
    Either way its no biggie, you can buy an aftermarket actuator off ebay for around $10 or take it to an auto electrician who will charge around $30.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by act_gooner View Post
    it could be that something to do with the actuator has come loose. Or it could mean that your actuator needs replacing.

Good luck.
    x2...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    i'm having the same problem with the passenger side.
    it locks which is wierd but it wont unlock, it moves it to half and keeps clicking but it wont unlock.
    im thinking its the actuator. but cant have a look at it now with all the rain and all..

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Yes, definately sounds like the actuator. An auto electrician won't charge you much to fix it if you are unable to do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, EK1
    Got mine fixed for $50 last year, mainly it's all good but actuator and rod seized mainly.. just gotta lube it up and it works fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    How much would the actuator set me back? or is it better if i go to the auto electrician and he can fix it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    My alarm guy fixed mine for $10 and he supplied the actuator. Took like 10 mins to do.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Take the door panel off, leave the door open and u will see these two rods that move, they are connected together by this metel thing with two screws in it. This thing rubs onto the door panel (slight bump thats there) wat u gota do is undo this metel thing and flip it around, shave the door panels little bump and tighten the screws back. This should fix the problem
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Take the door panel off, leave the door open and u will see these two rods that move, they are connected together by this metel thing with two screws in it. This thing rubs onto the door panel (slight bump thats there) wat u gota do is undo this metel thing and flip it around, shave the door panels little bump and tighten the screws back. This should fix the problem
    okay like he said but you dont have to flip the metal thing around.....
    you loosen off one of the bolts holding the metal bar that links the actuator to the door lock.....
    click the central locking remote to unlock and move the lock into the fully unlocked position by hand....
    this should move the bar into the correct position for fully unlock....

you then tighten the bolt nice and tight....
    then give it a try and it should be back in working order...

give it a try and let me know how you go..
    i have done it before myself....
    and i think the longest part was taking the door trim off.....

goodluck
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R