Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R

Cam Gear problem

hey guys

I have a 94 Integra VTI-R and i have an annoying problem...
    I recently had the water pump replaced at a Honda dealer, they told me that there was a broken bolt on the cam gears? they said it shouldn't be a problem and would only cause some vibration at high rpm. I also have an annoying squeaking sound that only appears every now and then, which has been there since i bought the car a year ago.
    I've looked through all the forums on here as well as team integra and any website i could find that mentioned a squeaking noise, I've had three different mechanics look at it and they cant find a problem.
    so anyway my question is, would the broken bolt be causing a squeaking noise?

and also i have just moved to Brisbane, whats a good cheap mechanic on the south side?

thanks in advanced for your help

more description on the squeek. accel, brake, turning, idling?

Power steering system can squeek when cornering with low steering fluid.

bolts don't squeek. they rattle.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    okay the squeak is with rotation , its like a shopping trolley with a bad wheel, the faster you go the faster the squeak, the tone of the squeak changes with the direction of the tires ( turning left makes it worse, turning right stops it. it usually starts when the car is warmed up or traveling at high speeds (over 100km/h) makes it worse. squeak stops when traveling below 50km/h. I have stock suspension atm and have changed the wheels, but the noise was there with the stock wheels as well. seems to be worse on hot days....

Brake pads have a metal thing on them, they squeek to let you know the brake pads are worn.

can you pinpoint the corner where its coming from?

maybe your brakes are not letting go properly causing the squeek.

thats all i can think of.

good luck.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    I think its coming from the left as it sounds louder from the left side of the car.
    I don't think its the brake pads because braking doesn't effect the noise + there looks like theres plenty left on them....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    is it a "squeal" or a "squeak"? squeal being a constant noise, and squeak being a repeating noise with gaps in between, e.g. "ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee"

if it's a squeak and if it changes it's pace with the speed of the car, then I think it sounds like something in the brakes, or at least in the wheel area.

if it's a squeal i'd check your belts.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Its defiantly a squeak. what should i be looking for if it is the brakes, like what part of the brakes??

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Pull out the break pads, my mums old car had a lil rock that was scratching the rotor as the breaks where being used or it would make a random noise while driving.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    take out the brake pads and inspect, as EK1 Civic said, and give them a quick spray with brake anti-squeal. then test drive and let us know if its gone.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    alright I'll give this a try when i get a chance, probably next week... I'll let use know how it goes. thanks guys for your help. I hope this works it's starting to get to me haha

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    is it the belts? LOL
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

man if your turning left and the squeak make it worse and turning right make it stops, check anything around the tyre, something touching it when the car is in motion, you dont see it touching the tyres when the car is at stop coz it doesnt touch til it gets blow by the wind thats why the faster u go the faster the sound is, im saying this coz i had the same problem in the past, then i found out the black plastic cover around the tyres under the fender is the one touching one of my tyres. hope this helps,, goodluck...