Thread: FN2R headers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

FN2R headers

Hey guys just toying around with the idea of fitting some new headers such as the Todas. I am at the moment going to leave to the stock type r exhaust coz i like the quiet note but want need a little more power. The car at the moment has an Injen intake and apexi V-AFC fitted, i know the car will require a retune.

Has anyone else done this? Is there another brand of header that anyone would recommend over the Toda? What power increase should i be expecting if any?

Thanks for your help
    The Ari Gold of OZ Honda Forums

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    bear in mind the toda header doesn't have a cat, sound wise i heard the toda full exhaust system before and its very humble/suttle .. but u know something is there...performance figures i can't comment though but toda is the bomb so you can't go wrong there

you may want to consider the fujitsubo catback after as the stock exhaust is heaaaaaavy compared to it...like you can pick it up with one hand where you need two to pick up the oem one. it doens't have an intrusive not either but again when you whack it is alot more raspy and edgy

can i also ask you how'd you decide to go with the vafc ????
    n3rb-alicious !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    To tell u the truth i went with the V-AFC just because i had one floating around from my accord euro. When i red up about fitting the Injen intake on the FN2 i heard they run like bags and need to be tuned ASAP, so thats how i got there. The car still hasnt been tuned coz my tuner is super busy and i been blowing cash on christmas presents. Just driving the accord for now but we Should see how it goes after christmas!

The weight doesnt really bother me that much as the car is full of stereo gear hahah. I also heard the HKS silent system is close to stock volume but im not goin to replace a system with something that looks and sounds stock. I think the type R system flows well from what i've heard anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    hah yea..if your not concerned about the weight of it then i wouldn't worry about changing it.

concern would be not having the cat, good thing is you can't hear its missing the cat...but you can see it if you don't clean the car for a while ehhe toda catback is the same thing and looks exactly like stock...but super shiny but the headers are a work of art !!!

i wouldn't run the injen on the car until ur gonna tune it...especially with the hot weather coming up i had issues on extremly hot days in summer and it would just puff black smoke after a short drive ie running super rich

reason why i asked is cause typically i know people go with flashpro since the ecu is a little touchy and its quite good for the price with the flexibility you have for tuning. who r u going to get to tune the vafc for you ?? i'm thinking of getting mine done properly this time but i havn't gone around asking who can tune the flashpro unit yet
    n3rb-alicious !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    I use Zac at cypher to do my tuning, if he is busy then I use Mick at OVABOOST but he is always very busy, i think these 2 guys are some of the best tuners in Perth. I also use Allstar well did when i owned a WRX but they were also very good.
    Yer i havnt driven the FN2 yet with CAI waiting for tune.
    Who did u buy your Flashtune through? Have u had it tuned yet or did u just do a road tune yourself?

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    brought the flashpro through smoothaz on hondatech who gets it through joel (drivensg)

it was pretuned already cause someone had similar mods so i'm just using that one for the time being till i can find someone that can tune it here locally...wihtout costing an arm and a leg....BIG improvments already thought even with the tune that was supplied so i'm not sure how much more fine tuning can be done atm...

when i asked they said it'd be running at about 90% of what it probably could go to if i did a dyno tune but that remaining 10% may not necessarly be power
    n3rb-alicious !