Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

centre bore sizes

ok ive got a dc2r, i dont know the centre bore size, im assuming its like 57mm or whatever is, but anyway, the real question is, if i buy a wheel that has a bore size of 70mm, will it fit on my dc2r?

also on another note, ive always wondered, do holden OEM wheels fit on honda
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    are you talking about PCD for the wheels + tyres or the mounting configuration for the steering wheel? lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    well yes, any wheel that has a centre bore larger than your car hub size will fit with the right PCD, offset, etc...

I'd recomend using hub centric rings to make the hub sit right on the after market wheels, many ppl may not think its neccessary but the car's hub was designed to take the weight of the car, not the lugs.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    dc2r should be around the 64.1mm mark afaik
    so you'll need a hub ring of 64.1-70mm for the rims

holdens are generally 5x120 iirc

alright that makes sense! thanks

hmms ok i read some ebay thing said he the wheels were 5x114.3 but well well

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    73.1mm a very common centre bore size, if that's what you have you need a hub ring that steps down from 73.1mm to 56.1mm for your honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    EG/DC/EK = 56.1mm
    DC2R = 64.1mm
    Last edited by geeang; 19-12-2010 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen Civic View Post
    well yes, any wheel that has a centre bore larger than your car hub size will fit with the right PCD, offset, etc...

I'd recomend using hub centric rings to make the hub sit right on the after market wheels, many ppl may not think its neccessary but the car's hub was designed to take the weight of the car, not the lugs.
    Not only that. No hub rings will cause the vehicle to vibrate at high speed.

eg. ... car drove fine day to day. Steering wheel vibrates violently at speeds over 120km/h

Once the studs are tightened, friction between the brake rotor and the rim take all the vertical load, not the studs in sheer.

If you have another method to centre the rim on the studs, you don't need a hub centric ring.

I have a set of wheels with only 3 rings and have never had any vibration problems up to 150kph. The nuts centre the rim to the studs just fine in my case.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    Not only that. No hub rings will cause the vehicle to vibrate at high speed.

eg. ... car drove fine day to day. Steering wheel vibrates violently at speeds over 120km/h

Not really to be honest. I've almost hit 260km/h on aftermarket wheels (center bore bigger than 64.1mm) and on very decent street tires. I felt no vibrations. Also like I mentioned in another thread on OH, many people track their cars on aftermarket wheels.

Michael, to be safe, get hub rings - their a cheap investment. I've got 2 rings u can have for free dude, I lost the other two when I sold a particular set of wheels. My 2x hub rings are inner: 64.1mm, outer: 73.1mm. If anything chuck hub rings on the front as thats where the load is.

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Not really to be honest. I've almost hit 260km/h on aftermarket wheels (center bore bigger than 64.1mm) and on very decent street tires. I felt no vibrations. Also like I mentioned in another thread on OH, many people track their cars on aftermarket wheels.

Michael, to be safe, get hub rings - their a cheap investment. I've got 2 rings u can have for free dude, I lost the other two when I sold a particular set of wheels. My 2x hub rings are inner: 64.1mm, outer: 73.1mm. If anything chuck hub rings on the front as thats where the load is.
    Well, you had a lucky combination.
    Others may not.
    But thats the normal thing, no hub rings are the most likely cause of vibration.

ta alex, was just curious, was looking to get in some new rims for the R but cbf now