Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    34 and 32 psi sound high to me for 15 inch rims.

Have a look at your tyre placard and see what it recommends. I'd be surprised if it wasn't somewhere in the mid to high 20 psi range.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Jazz suspension is kinda hard from stock. I have the same issue. There are 2 solutions:

* Live with it - Don't be a baby =P
    * Sell it and buy a new car

It's hard from stock. I don't think you can get softer suspension for it? Anyway probably not worth it...

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Jazz suspension is kinda hard from stock. I have the same issue. There are 2 solutions:

* Live with it - Don't be a baby =P
    * Sell it and buy a new car

It's hard from stock. I don't think you can get softer suspension for it? Anyway probably not worth it...
    Agree with this. It's just not a particularly good design suspension wise. And it's more than just shocks and springs, but also the location points etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 06 Vti
    IMHO there are a couple of 'problems' with a Jazz suspension
    1 the Jazz is very light at 1045 Kg and has a legal payload of 5 people. The springs have to be relatively stiff to allow for an increase in weight of 5 people without hitting the bumpstops. Your Parramatta Road example is really to do with low speed harshness over concrete gaps or what is called "bump thump"
    2 the insulation of the front struts is minimal compared to a lot of cars and this gives low speed harshness.
    3 if you put in stiffer shocks, the "bounciness" will be reduced but the low speed ride will be worse.
    4 the "bump thump'' is amplified because the body structure is not very solid. EG I tightened the bonnet considerably and made sure the dash bits are secure and this reduced the "crash" quite a bit.
    There is no cheap fix for these problems so you either live with it or get another car. Similar cars eg the Mercedes A class are a lot worse depending on the tyres.
    My Vti has 14inch rims and 175.65x14 tyres and I have seen reports that these are much better than the 15s. I have Michelin Energy MX2 at 40PSI and mine is tolerable.
    Regards Philip A

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip A View Post
    IMHO there are a couple of 'problems' with a Jazz suspension
    1 the Jazz is very light at 1045 Kg and has a legal payload of 5 people. The springs have to be relatively stiff to allow for an increase in weight of 5 people without hitting the bumpstops. Your Parramatta Road example is really to do with low speed harshness over concrete gaps or what is called "bump thump"
    2 the insulation of the front struts is minimal compared to a lot of cars and this gives low speed harshness.
    3 if you put in stiffer shocks, the "bounciness" will be reduced but the low speed ride will be worse.
    4 the "bump thump'' is amplified because the body structure is not very solid. EG I tightened the bonnet considerably and made sure the dash bits are secure and this reduced the "crash" quite a bit.
    There is no cheap fix for these problems so you either live with it or get another car. Similar cars eg the Mercedes A class are a lot worse depending on the tyres.
    My Vti has 14inch rims and 175.65x14 tyres and I have seen reports that these are much better than the 15s. I have Michelin Energy MX2 at 40PSI and mine is tolerable.
    Regards Philip A

thank you Phillip for indepth explanation i think the easiest way right now is to reduce the PSI in my tires obviously its not going to fix the problem but it should somewhat improve the overall ride comfort. there are only 2 people in the car majority of the time so this shouldnt matter all that much.

so what PSI is everyone on? (same factory rims) mid 20s sounds abit too low?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Mid 20's? No way!!

38 fronts, 34 rear on my wifes Jazz. 17 x 7 wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    lol softer = more comfy... not harder Mid 20's will be fine, but make sure you pay attention to how much they sag... You could lose traction and haev uneven wear as the picture below shows.. i'd probably stay high 20's

You need high pressure for lower profile tyres anyway, which is why you've got it so high...

change the suspension and also get some low profile tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by porpor View Post
    change the suspension and also get some low profile tyres.
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no! Change what part of the suspension? and explain why low profile tyres will make the car more comfy...

Phillip A has explained things perfectly, read that.
    Last edited by curtis265; 11-01-2011 at 01:13 PM.

umm yeah lol that would do the opposite, lowered suspension and low profile tyres are made for PERFORMANCE ie. go around corners quicker/flatter without the tyres changing shape and decreasing grip.

for comfort just stick with oem suspension and get some FATTTTT tyres

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Throw some smaller wheels on... if they clear the brakes

Change the front suspension and install the straut bar and anti-roll bars