Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hub rings

Anything wrong with polycarbonate hub rings? Just can't find metal/aluminium ones anywhere...Still waiting for replies from a few more online stores.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350095187563

HUB CENTRIC RING RINGS SPACERS OD=72.62mm / ID=64.1mm
    THIS LISTING IS FOR 1 SET OF 4, NEW POLYCARBONATE HUB CENTRIC RINGS

the hub ring he bought is 67.1 - 56.1 its even printed on one of the pics he posted

so your ID is 56.1 (honda hub size for eg/ek etc)

you need to get the right OD now... measure the center hole of the wheel, not the white or black lines but the actual hole. Should be somewhere between 56-65mm roughly, if its smaller than 56 you're screwed
    Last edited by dorikin; 10-01-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Which hub rings are better/safer, polycarbonate or aluminium?
    DC5R

I've had my plastic hub rings on for 2 months or so. They still look fine when I rotated my wheels a week ago...
    People generally say plastic cracks/melts and metal rusts..
    I will have to see for myself how the plastic rings turn out by the end of the year...

> People generally say plastic cracks/melts and metal rusts..

Aluminium is not normally associated with rusting, but I had mine sieze in place in a very short time.

Not really an issue until you need to throw on a spare wheel/space saver which do not fit with the hub rings in place.

You'll appreciate plastic the very first time you have to carry a tire to the shop for a puncture repair.

Not had a problem with plastic yet.

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I've also been using plastic hub rings for the past month now. For those interested, it was these: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT

DC5R has a bore size of 64.1mm. My Work Emotion CR Kai's that I got recently have a bore of 73.3mm (I emailed Work to get that exact measurement), so this size will be perfect if your aftermarket rims are 73mm also
    DC5R