Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JZA80

DIY ek cupholder

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Fit a diy cup holder to ek center console
    Required:
    Phillips head screwdriver
    6gx25mm screws
    Single din cup holder (about 15 bucks on ebay)

Steps:

Step 1: Remove these 3 screws and repeat the process on the other side then remove the rear console piece by pulling it backwards. The front section will now come out easy.

Step 2: It should now look like this. (minus the cup holder as i fitted this before i wrote up the diy)
    Now remove the 4 screws shown in the picture on each side and this section can be removed

Step 3: Now that you have this out its time to pull it apart by taking the screws out shown below

Step 4: Disassemble the single din cup holder,remove the tray from it and the plastic front piece that i have put the red around

Step 5: Now use your 6gx25mm screws and a screwdriver to screw in as shown to secure the tray (no drill needed as the plastic is soft enough to use the screwdriver)

Step 6: When you're happy with the fitment just put everything back together in reverse of the way you pulled it apart and it sould look something like this.

Other comments: I could have put this in the single din opening down the bottom but then it probably wouldn't even fit the smallest of drinks.
    By doing it this way almost any drink will fit including a large macca's cup
    Last edited by BrianL; 08-03-2011 at 02:21 PM.