Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    Well you could go two routes

upgrade to a good set of coilovers ie. zeal and keeping it stock until u get more funds
    upgrade i/h/e before u get the hondata/tune

Quote Originally Posted by THEEYA View Post
    Well you could go two routes

upgrade to a good set of coilovers ie. zeal and keeping it stock until u get more funds
    upgrade i/h/e before u get the hondata/tune
    The second option sounds alot better, as from what i know a stock type r is one of the best fwd cars in the world around a track, so stock sussy is amazing for street
    Am i wrong?
    Btw i dont want a fat cannon shit on it, i like the quiter exhausts that still give good power

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    dont mod the car, learn to drive it first, take it to a track day, an than go from there, find out what needs to be improved an go from there... BUT since its a street car, i cant really say much lol

Its easy to say a cars fast, but harder to drive it how its meant to be, i think u will find a stock dc2r is more than what ur asking for, it certainly made a impression on me
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    cause one would think it would be thrashed with mods, theres only one reason ppl put mods like that on, an thats to make it faster

If the cars had a rebuild, than u really gotta ask urself, why rebuild it... an who built it, receipts an warranty, as well as who tuned etc etc
    whose to say you cant thrash a stock car?
    or modify the car, thrash it, and then return it to stock....?

u cant always assume a stock car is always excellent. buying a used car is always difficult because its difficult to find the service history of the vehicle and how it was treated.

regarding the rebuild theory, that sounds right. who would want to rebuild such a fine engine. must have been really really THRASHED...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Seriously, a DC2R is built to be driven vigorously , even in stock form....... if you don't drive it hard then you have no idea of they potential of the car. Its all about the level of maintainence and service history.

Skit- A car that has moderate mods, using quality parts and reasonably low km's is fine IMO, you just need to check it out properly.
    On the other hand I can understand why you want to buy a stock car and modify it to your own taste, I bought my own DC2r 6 years ago in stock form.

a DC2R is an excellent car, safe, and great fun to drive. Get one that has logbooks, or receipts, as most oweners will do minor servicing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    Excellent choice, with its cult-status DC2 Type-R's are the original and the best, respectively just like the NSX-R and the EK Civic Type R.
    Dont get anything thats been rebuilt or refurbished or even modified to an extent. Stock DC2R is the best first choice for a p-plater like you, its hard to find a good stock these days as most owners thrash the car and commonly replace the clutch and/or the gearbox.
    Dont go past a slight modification such as suspension setup/extra chassis rigidity...anything beyond that like engine/drivetrain/intake/exhaust mods, give it a miss (no offence to those have modded their DC2R's though *peace*)

Take it from my experience of having a bone stock DC2R for almost 10 years of joy (still running strong) and never had to replace anything, and i mean ANYTHING major, lol
    LOL Please.
    No such thing as thrashing as Type R IMHO provided it's serviced regularly and well maintained.
    My DC5R, gets a decent push every day at least, runs as strong as when i bought it, almost 2 years now and the car is slightly modified... Will be getting abit more deeper next year.
    Car presents immaculately outside and it's Milano Red.

Don't listen to the above, seriously.
    Mods = Doesn't mean the car gets thrashed and tbh... No such thing as thrashing a Type R.
    The Motor is designed to be redlined, the B18C is a fantastic motor and is still going very strong for it's age, just don't expect the car to be 100% perfect lol.

I Would personally avoid anything that's been rebuilt though... go for something that's stock but try and grab something with a few mods provided there quality modifications, not rubbish.

Also... IMO... It's illegal to not push a Type R to it's limits...
    Your telling me the owner who's selling a you a stock Type R has never thrashed it? What rubbish.
    Car has been baby'd... Once you VTEC her a few times.... Watch what will happen considering the car isn't use to it.
    A Car that's been abused abit, will be able to deal with it alot better compared to a car that never gets abused IMO

Thats my 2 cents.
    Last edited by WATAJK; 26-12-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Its just the misconception with modded cars thats why many stay away, if u know what ur looking at, odds are modded cars are a bonus....
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    I agree with Grosso here, I've spent thousands on modding my car, extensive sussy work but I've never taken it to the track. Thrashing a dc2r doesn't mean it's a dud, all comes down to the owner and how well they've taken care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK20CRX View Post
    I agree with Grosso here, I've spent thousands on modding my car, extensive sussy work but I've never taken it to the track. Thrashing a dc2r doesn't mean it's a dud, all comes down to the owner and how well they've taken care of it.
    ^^ and it's a sexy CRX, may i say lol

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Car has been baby'd... Once you VTEC her a few times.... Watch what will happen considering the car isn't use to it.
    A Car that's been abused abit, will be able to deal with it alot better compared to a car that never gets abused IMO
    is this really true? i don't see why this could happen, it's not like we're driving rotaries where carbon build up is a major cause for concern.. can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by rice_spirit View Post
    is this really true? i don't see why this could happen, it's not like we're driving rotaries where carbon build up is a major cause for concern.. can anyone confirm this?
    If you drive a car everyday and never thrash it for such a long period of time and then the new owner purchases the car (DC2R) and being a younger driver, he/she will want the see the potential...
    Im telling you, the first thing that will most likely break will be the engine mounts..
    Due to the fact, they are so used to easy driving then all of a sudden driving habits change and it's abit more rough...

What else can happen??
    Will anything tbh...
    A car that's been looked after like a baby, which means no abuse to it what-so-ever will IMO have a different life when you own it and could end up costing you abit when things give way alot sooner then you expect considering you thought you were buying a "clean stock" Type R..