i think you have been reading the internet too much
    people like you will wrap it around a pole because you were showing off
    with your mates in the back

why buy a car and baby it
    drive it like how it was built
    dont like to rev it buy a 6 or 8

watajk i know what you were getting at
    good to see someone understands...
    seriously it's practically impossible to keep a Type R stock standard...
    As you said Lan...
    The car is designed to be pushed to it limitations... why let all that potential sit there collecting dust....

^^ Was just going by some stories i've heard... people by squeaky clean babied DC2R/DC5R and the most common thing to go was the engine mounts....

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    good to see someone understands...
    seriously it's practically impossible to keep a Type R stock standard...
    As you said Lan...
    The car is designed to be pushed to it limitations... why let all that potential sit there collecting dust....

^^ Was just going by some stories i've heard... people by squeaky clean babied DC2R/DC5R and the most common thing to go was the engine mounts....
    LOL idiot, you're making it sound like we all have to thrash our Honda's to become a great car, like i said, tell me your definition of "thrashing/abusing Honda's" so i could categories you in a Jackass level from 1 to 10.
    The stories you heard are the ones you want to hear, let me tell you a story that mine is stock standard and NO its not practically impossible to keep it standard.

Hahaha you're an amusing individual, Honda built it in a stock standard form so how is that practically impossible *scratches my head*, its like you saying why is the sky blue?, why is the grass green? (why cant i adjust my headlight?)

Anyway if you really wanna know you dont have to abuse your integra to keep it in tip-top condition (like you said & realise how dumb that sounds LOL). A good long drive could also optimize the car as well, if you havent thought of that.
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 01-01-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Haha ur so funny yet my comments are genuine and factual while yours aren't
    I can adjust my own headlights & that's 'factual' .... lol funny kant

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    OP is still young, on his reds...looking for his first car

yet people are advicing him that if he does get a Type R he should be "pushing it to its limitations" and abusing it.

the ****

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    scat thread

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by SajadEG View Post

yet people are advicing him that if he does get a Type R he should be "pushing it to its limitations" and abusing it.

the ****
    LMAO!! yeah i know, poor guy (OP). Im here to help & you're here to help so lets just get all these awesome people from OZHONDA to give him a hand with his virgin experience of a DC2 Type-R LOL
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Quote Originally Posted by SajadEG View Post

the ****

I suggested on the 4th post of this thread that he learn how to drive as he is still on his P's.... and I dont think its his first car.

The majority of the comments are about how DC2R's are built well and they can be driven vigorously.... there is a world of difference between driving a car the way it was designed to be driven and 'abusing' a car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    upon reading threw this thread, ill drop my 2cents..

basically im on my red p's.. 19 year old this year. I bought my dc2r about 18 months ago years ago stock standard, and pretty much just drove like a granny because I was still a 'novice' driver.. over time I have put some basic mods here and there.. (sussy, intake, zorst) to be honest I don't believe in doing internals and such on p plates as it is just asking for trouble.... my dc2r is a daily drive and yeap I give it a good hit every now and again.., the motor still pulls and performs great, the clutch is still strong all this after 170kms... from my experience aslong as the car is serviced regularly and properly these cars will last a very long time.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    WATAJK: shut your whore mouth you dumb mother fuker

what was op's question again? lol

honestly, i wouldn't buy the nicest dc2r you can find, buy a rough pos (mechanically sound though) as you'll no doubt ding/ scratch/write it off

or just get a dc2 vtir for like 6k

i was once in you position and i wish i had done this^

and make sure you have insurance!
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    all this talk of pushin the car to limits LOL

seriously learn to drive the car, than take it to the track, in comfort an without fear, learn the limits of the car there, not on the street
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    all this talk of pushin the car to limits LOL

seriously learn to drive the car, than take it to the track, in comfort an without fear, learn the limits of the car there, not on the street
    Excellent advice there but discreetly take the car to the tracks as it can affect resell value...

LOL Please.
    No such thing as thrashing as Type R IMHO provided it's serviced regularly and well maintained.
    My DC5R, gets a decent push every day at least, runs as strong as when i bought it, almost 2 years now and the car is slightly modified... Will be getting abit more deeper next year.
    Car presents immaculately outside and it's Milano Red.

Don't listen to the above, seriously.
    Mods = Doesn't mean the car gets thrashed and tbh... No such thing as thrashing a Type R.
    The Motor is designed to be redlined, the B18C is a fantastic motor and is still going very strong for it's age, just don't expect the car to be 100% perfect lol.

I Would personally avoid anything that's been rebuilt though... go for something that's stock but try and grab something with a few mods provided there quality modifications, not rubbish.

Also... IMO... It's illegal to not push a Type R to it's limits...
    Your telling me the owner who's selling a you a stock Type R has never thrashed it? What rubbish.
    Car has been baby'd... Once you VTEC her a few times.... Watch what will happen considering the car isn't use to it.
    A Car that's been abused abit, will be able to deal with it alot better compared to a car that never gets abused IMO

Thats my 2 cents.
    Hi there.

I don't care about everything you've said. The thing that gets my attention is what you said about thrashing and not thrashing and the car being not used to getting a thrashing.

I think its a load of bull.