Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]

[CL9] Steering parts?

Hi folks,

I've got a steering fluid leak on my CL9. Not sure if it's just a washer or pipe or the actual rack. fingered crossed it's not the rack but just in case....

Anyone know any honda wreckers that i can call to see if i can get the part? cause a new one's like the price of an engine replacement....

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    most likely its your p.s hose, common prob on the cl9.
    pricefor new hose is about 400 ish., get it checked out first before goign to wreckers, or u wont know what to look for.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Accor Euro
    What are the symptoms of leaking fluid? Is it really leaking or just steering wheel starts to be harder to operate? The reason I ask is, because I bought CL9 a month ago and now found that there is squeaky noise coming from steering wheel (sound like somewhere inside the car) mostly when I'm turning left or right while car is not moving. It should still be covered by 3 months warranty so I'll call dealer on Wednesday, but just wanted to check what symptoms are.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I have the same problem but I have it check but they say it nothing, hey keep me inform about it I wanna know what the problem and if it the steering and it cover by warranty I will sue that play

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by akopulko View Post
    What are the symptoms of leaking fluid? Is it really leaking or just steering wheel starts to be harder to operate? The reason I ask is, because I bought CL9 a month ago and now found that there is squeaky noise coming from steering wheel (sound like somewhere inside the car) mostly when I'm turning left or right while car is not moving. It should still be covered by 3 months warranty so I'll call dealer on Wednesday, but just wanted to check what symptoms are.
    Check the floor garage, if theres a pool of oil...
    Steering isnt harder to operate, but you get noise when turning at low speeds, and in severe case (like mine yestoday) smoky smell and vibrating steering.
    It sounds definately like steering fluid.... Check with the warranty, but MAKE SURE they use Honda fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by EuRo[69] View Post
    I have the same problem but I have it check but they say it nothing, hey keep me inform about it I wanna know what the problem and if it the steering and it cover by warranty I will sue that play

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
    check the steering fluid, and top it up if you need to with honda fluid.... non-honda mechanics tend NOT to pick things like this up..... stupid mechanics...

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkenforce View Post
    most likely its your p.s hose, common prob on the cl9.
    pricefor new hose is about 400 ish., get it checked out first before goign to wreckers, or u wont know what to look for.
    $400 for a hose?!?! well kiss my.... guess merry xmas to the mechanics....
    Last edited by Fredoops; 25-12-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    try looking at the heatshield of the headers, if u see like splatter marks then its most likely the hose.
    if your not covered under warranty ,another alternative is to get the hose repaired. you could get it done at ENZED as they deal with alot of hydraulic hoses for race cars etc. pricewise for getting it repaird would be a fraction of the new hose. should be no more than $110 i would say.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkenforce View Post
    try looking at the heatshield of the headers, if u see like splatter marks then its most likely the hose.
    if your not covered under warranty ,another alternative is to get the hose repaired. you could get it done at ENZED as they deal with alot of hydraulic hoses for race cars etc. pricewise for getting it repaird would be a fraction of the new hose. should be no more than $110 i would say.
    noob question.... where is this heat shield? isnt it in the rear of the engine bay? any tricks on looking at it without jacking the car up?
    Last edited by Fredoops; 25-12-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    yeh its at the rear of the engine bay , theres a pretty big hole/ gap where u can look down into it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/oncam/4...7622240229653/ see the gap behind .

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    leak point confirmed, it's the pipe running from the pump to behind the engine..... I

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    get it fixed quick b4 ur ps shits itself. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    *UPDATE* got the car fixed today.
    theres two holes on the pressure pipe between steering pump and behind engine.

Got a mechanic to come to the house while Im at work. And he got Enzei to come to my house to replace the pipe and misc fittings.
    Cost as follows

new pipe/misc fittings: $198
    mechanic house call + install/extract old pipe: $90
    total: $288

And the exhaust Extractor and flex pipe is all brown and sh**, looks like it's been leaking for a while... not looking good..

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    thats pretty cheap compared to a new oem hose aye ahahaha