Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've got an estimate from every insurer i can think of and more, RACV works out to be the cheapest at $2000 under parents name. Only second to coles now that i've discovered them.
    Surely this is some garbage bs

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Talk to AAMI. I have a DC4 aswell that it is only slightly over 1k under my parents name with me as an occasional driver. Your car is stock aswell so I don't see why its costing so much.

Are you 18 with 0 yrs experience though? and bad suburb?

oh and also, i just tried to do another quote with AAMI, it says they are unable to provide me with an online quote and that i must call or email them. so yeah i wrote in the comment that i bought it from a dealer for blah blah price and that it has extremely low kms (100,000km for a 13 year old car). which is probably why their quote generator effed up. since i think market value for a 98 dc4 is something like 6k?
    Last edited by charliebrown; 26-12-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    $2k full comp right? it's not that bad.

i tried to get full comp on a S14 back in the day when we still had power/weight rules. RACV quoted me $7500 a year full comp. LOL, i can assume 2 things from that quote, either we don't want your business or you're definitely going to write it off in the first year.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Are you 18 with 0 yrs experience though? and bad suburb?

oh and also, i just tried to do another quote with AAMI, it says they are unable to provide me with an online quote and that i must call or email them. so yeah i wrote in the comment that i bought it from a dealer for blah blah price and that it has extremely low kms (100,000km for a 13 year old car). which is probably why their quote generator effed up. since i think market value for a 98 dc4 is something like 6k?
    I was 19 when I bought it and in a fairly average suburb, this is Canberra though so a little different.

Wow... Got an email back from aami with my quote! The details I put in were dads name with me as secondary driver.
    $722 pa full comp. Agreed value of $6500 (the fk I paid 10000!). Excesses are 550 + 450 + 95. Okay the 722 is looking the sweet. What do you think I should do? Switch? Coles or aami? Racv obviously ripping me off

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    my mum's paying 1k for 2 way insurance on a 05 mazda 6 and my sister is paying the same amount on a 04 euro, my sister had it whenshe was 24. and now its still the same :S

thier with just car's cheapest we found. im with just car for my eg but 1 way. 246 bucks lol
    DANGSdriveway

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I am with Coles (Wesfarmers) Insurance. I got the 5% discount for working with them. However they wouldn't insure my porsche boxster because of my age, but they were happy to insure the civic. Pretty good premium too.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Wow... Got an email back from aami with my quote! The details I put in were dads name with me as secondary driver.
    $722 pa full comp. Agreed value of $6500 (the fk I paid 10000!). Excesses are 550 + 450 + 95. Okay the 722 is looking the sweet. What do you think I should do? Switch? Coles or aami? Racv obviously ripping me off
    I think most insurance companies will undervalue your car, but 6.5k isn't that bad. If I got that for my car if it was in a bad accident I'd be happy.

What mods have you got on your car? And how much did it increase your premium? I'm wondering because if it doesn't increase too much, was gonna chuck on an axleback muffler and a CAI, which don't increase performance much at all so it shouldn't go up

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    unless its shanon or justcar, odds are they wont insure u OR they will double the price as such...

Unless ur mods are $$$$, than really u gotta ask ur self, is it worth paying more than just saying its non modded... I know for fact, a few guys i knw have modded GTR's insure it with all mods as the parts alone add up to the cars value an that i can see when its worth paying more to insure ur vehicle with mods, but as with alot of the cars around, with mild mods, id say its not worth paying more money to protect a simple exhaust or air filter (unless the exhaust is a titanium system lol)

Yes there is the risk of should an accident happen they mite void ur claim... BUT thats a risk...An one im willing to take, as well as hundreds of others with modded cars
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    ^^+1.
    Man, I only have a sound and exhaust system and pod filter, have not bothered telling the insurance company as they will probably up my insurance for these very basic and simple mods. Pod filter is a 2 minute job to return it to the original one, my exhaust system was a bit pricey but it was a risk I'm willing to take and the sound system is piss easy to part out anyway.