Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ahh bad luck man. Next time try to do more research especially with big things such as a car...

Dealers know how to cover up a lot of bad things about a car so good luck and hope everything goes well.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Mate I drove my brother's DC4 yesterday just to my friend's to use his rattle gun.

Reminded me how nice his car is. I have a 1990 CRX SiR and a 1994 Civic VTi and I'm always surprised by how nice the DC4 interior is and how good it feels to drive. Good car, you'll learn to love it.

op , yes you got ripped off relevant to what the car is worth now. But you are ripping yourself off by NOT asking questions beforehand.

How much would have been a good price for said vehicle? And where do you guys find cheap cars! carsales.com.au isn't very cheap, well most of them, sometimes a bargain pops up but it's either too far away to inspect or looks dodgy

I personally wouldn't spend more than $5000 on a GSi, there's some nicely priced VTi-Rs on carsales I think.

My mechanic said look for <150,000kms only... so whenever i entered that into the criteria, the list went very very small (<10 cars). I tried tradingpost, carsales, carpoint, firesport.

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    yea my dad also said that when i was looking at cars, only get under 150k. but i convinced him look at my civic which had done 157k which i don't blame them for saying that, my friend bought an astra which had done over 200k km, fcuk that thing is a lemon. he bought it for 3.8, but the engine, rear brakes, and ecu were all fcuked. he fixed the brakes and ecu for a grand total of 3,000. the engine is still crap but not getting worse...
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    I personally wouldn't spend more than $5000 on a GSi, there's some nicely priced VTi-Rs on carsales I think.
    Oh and i see so many nice priced cars in other states... but in VIC there is shitall -_-
    there's a million VTi-R's under 150,000kms in QLD for ~7-8k just as an example
    wasnt willing to take the risk to get it transported without inspecting

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    For a clean, low mileage GSI I still think you'd be paying 7-8g if it's healthy etc. Most of them are haggard, flogged and have 200k+ KMs on them IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    ed9 crx
    bad luck... everyone makes mistakes
    just remember not to make it worse by spending all your money on it
    save for the next one make it a great buy instead ^^

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Oh and i see so many nice priced cars in other states... but in VIC there is shitall -_-
    there's a million VTi-R's under 150,000kms in QLD for ~7-8k just as an example
    wasnt willing to take the risk to get it transported without inspecting
    think of it this way. if you had spent a couple hundred on flights to and fro and decided the car was worth it you would have gotten a vti-r for say 7.2k? 8.2k?

had the car/s not have been worth it, you would have just lost a couple hundred...

I bought my last car from sydney. Took the owner's word for it that the car was good and all...flew up there and drove it home the same day

where to find cheap cars? gumtree.com.au, its where all the hobos who wont even pay for advertising go. if you are bargain hunting you have to be pretty consistant with it, if the car is a bargain they will sell within hours of it being posted up.

did you get ripped? DEFINATELY. if you only waited for a bargain on one of the car websites or saved a few thousand more you could have got yourself a dc5
    Be water my friend.