Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS

which cold air intake

i have a 97 honda prelude and im trying to decide on a complete cold air intake. which system is better for the prelude (better as in most performance) currently i am tossing up between a K&N typhoon system complete cold air (CCA) and a fujita complete cold air system. are there better any better systems which can be bought?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    the aem v2 is supposed to the best, there was a big comparison going around ages ago with all of the intakes for the prelude tested and the aem v2 won.

I have an aem v2 for sale at the moment http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-AEM-v2-Intake!
    | Prelude BB6 VTi-R |

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    The AEM did win, by a tiny margin.
    Bang for buck, rip out your intake resonator, replace the filter with a K&N Panel and be done with it
    The AEM V2 isnt a true CAI and you would see a little bit of heat soak on hot summer days. Especially compared to the stock piping.
    As you would know, DYNOs are run with the bonnet open and a big fan blowing air. In the real world the bonnet is closed and an uncovered pod-filter will suck up hot air.

Resonator Removal

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    The best CAI is the one on a 4th gen VTiR...
    When words fail, Vtec speaks....!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    my mate has a injen in his bb4 h22a

sounds great and a tiny bit more power up top according to the butt dyno

would recommend
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    The AEM did win, by a tiny margin.
    Bang for buck, rip out your intake resonator, replace the filter with a K&N Panel and be done with it
    The AEM V2 isnt a true CAI and you would see a little bit of heat soak on hot summer days. Especially compared to the stock piping.
    As you would know, DYNOs are run with the bonnet open and a big fan blowing air. In the real world the bonnet is closed and an uncovered pod-filter will suck up hot air.

Resonator Removal
    There is a way around this, you must remove the resonator box, remove a foglight cover and run an induction tube directly below the pod of the v2.

You get the best of both worlds.
    | Prelude BB6 VTi-R |

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    That would help slightly, but it would still suck in hotter air from the engine bay side. Certainly not as good as if there was a custom barrier made.

I have cut out the gaps between the fins of the foglight cover which give air into the cavity below the intake. I have though about putting some sort of tube but this way I minimize the amount of shit I get in the K&N.