Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EuroLux09Modulo

Washing my car is no longer a chore

I've always hated washing my cars. I think that what I hated most was having to do the whole job once I started. And it always annoyed me that a day or two later the car looked dirty again.

When I picked up my 2nd-hand euro, which has x-pack paint protection, I was told to use a waterless car wash every few weeks using microfibre cloths. I'd never used a waterless car wash before.

So I picked a spray bottle of the stuff and a bunch of cheap microfibre cloths the next day. Of course, even though the car was barely out of the dealership, it was already showing dirt on the silver duco, so I tried it on the bonnet and boot where it was most obvious (probably invisible to everyone except me). Wow it was easy! Tried it on the wheels. Easy. Put the cleaning materials back in the boot. Next morning there was a bird dropping on the roof. Out came the cloth and carwash, spray, wipe, done. Cleaned that side of the roof. Stuff back in the boot. Took maybe a minute.

Now I clean bits of the car as it takes my fancy, or I notice a section which looks dirtier than the rest.

Once in a while it is still going to get a full wash by either me or a professional car wash, but in the meantime, each day I get into an almost showroom clean car (at least on the outside) which feels really good.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    so waterless carwash? wat is it? magic powder?
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    EuroLux09Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    so waterless carwash? wat is it? magic powder?
    It's a spray-on liquid which cleans off streak-free and does not require rinsing. There are many different manufacturers now, including Maguires. You can search on the web. I purchased Polyglaze Waterless Carwash, which cost around $12 at Supercheap Auto. There is also a Polyglaze Waterless Wash and Wax, which is not suitable for my car due to the paint protection.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    how many uses can u get for $12?

can u use it without paint protection?

i havent washed my car for 3 months haha
    have cakes of dirt on the boot (which due to poor design, does not allow water to flow away)
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    i remember using one of these made my car smell like strawberry, i still dont trust it have a feeling it scratches paint
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    EuroLux09Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJDM. View Post
    i remember using one of these made my car smell like strawberry, i still dont trust it have a feeling it scratches paint
    No strawberry smell on mine. If my car was filthy (dirt roads etc) I would definitely wet wash it.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    i'm also skeptical about waterless wash methods... especially on Honda's soft paint.

to use it to clean dust sounds reasonable.

anything dirtier than dust, i prefer using pressure washer spray / water hose.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    i'm also skeptical about waterless wash methods... especially on Honda's soft paint.

to use it to clean dust sounds reasonable.

anything dirtier than dust, i prefer using pressure washer spray / water hose.
    Agreed.You'd have to wet wash your car every time after it's driven in the rain.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I wouldn't trust this stuff at all. For the extra 15misns it takes to wash a car I like to have that feeling that the paint hasn't been damaged.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Using a waterless paint wash on a soft paint is looking for swirl marks & fine scratches big time. If you have a light colour you may not notice the damage until it is time for a professional detail.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    Waterless wash = Spray and wipe =P heheh
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    I believe a waterless wash, is best suited for small clean ups in between washes, not to repace the wash itself. As Buddha said, you're etching the dirt into the paint!!