Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic 07 vti

honda civic 2007 vti problems

hey guess, i just wanted to get some information.
    i bought a used 07 civic auto vti couple days ago and already ran into some problems...
    one was i figured out was a lose battery terminal so the car wasnt getting enough power. but now the car wont start and we cant jump start it..
    the car can light up but when i turn the key to start it just does a rapid clicking noise.
    any idea what that can be?

and another thing i noticed was when i go to accelerate it would rev up and den start stuttering like theres gaps or something.. i dont kno how to explain it.
    any help would be great or a little insight

and also what else should i check while im at it?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    The battery is beyond it's use by date. A new one should fix this.

Your other problem sounds like a dirty maf sensor. Check that the intake chamber is clean and pull out the sensor and see if there's any dirt on it. If so get some metal contact cleaner and spray spray spray.

If the new battery works take the car to the dealer a.sap. You still have warranty? Or did you buy the car privately?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic 07 vti
    i got the car private so yeah cant do anything about warranty.. whole time i was buying the car i had a feeling that something might happen that the person didnt say.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavo View Post
    and another thing i noticed was when i go to accelerate it would rev up and den start stuttering like theres gaps or something.. i dont kno how to explain it.
    any help would be great or a little insight
    I understand what you mean about gaps missing. I will need to check my MAF sensor i guess too.

stance > fenders

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic 07 vti
    thanks for the replies.
    gonna check the battery today.
    dont kno how to check the MAF.. so might see if i can get a pro to look at it later on.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic 07 vti
    well got nrma to check the car.
    the battery was dead.. but that was because it wasnt charging.. the alternator isnt producing enough volts so the battery cant charge.
    the guy said i need to get a new one. he said it probably got wrecked when the engine was cleaned.. cause it was pretty oily under the hood wen i my parents came back with the car from the seller.
    how much do u reckon it'll cost?

the label on it says
    "honda ahga67
    a2tc1391zt"
    i cant seem to find any aus sites with it
    Last edited by dejavo; 30-12-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Your best bet is to go to the honda wreckers for a reasonably priced new or used alternator. I'm surprised your one is already dead...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic 07 vti
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    I'm surprised your one is already dead...
    yeah thats what the nrma dude said too.
    i blame the previous owners. i'll do some calling around after the new years.
    thanks your help guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    maybe the dude was running an epic sound system, had some fully sick LEDs everywhere and never turned off the interior dome light? lol