Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

very random, but noob needs advice on making dc2r faster than s2k ;)

okay.. weve got a dc2r and a rival of ours has an s2k.. were both gna be racing on track day (LEGAL drag race), but we need to beat him.. theres alot up for grabs :P loll so basically, what can we do to our type r, as in modifications, to make sure we absolutely wax this s2k. at the moment the dc2 has ihe and so does the s2k. and no its not all about slapping the s2k , i personally like them, its just the s2k has set the bar pretty high and we want to break that barrier. yes we are noobs and are new to the scene, so please, any information is much appreciated..

also how do you guys think a stock evo 6 would hold up againts an s2k? close one or will the evo take the cake?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    you wanna beat the the s2k?

Heres what you do.

Buy yourself a k20 out of a DC5r

you go and buy every single part out of the JUN catalogue.

Then you go and buy a 1000hp Turbonetics turbo, a Full Race exhaust manifold, and get a custom intake manifold made up

Then you get an ECU, maybe like a Hondata, and get it tuned, you should be able to pull at least 900Hp at the front wheels

Then, to top it off, you get yourself a Nitrous kit. Maybe like a 200Hp shot.

Then youll beat the s2k.

I mean, of course, this will probably all cost you upwards of 100 thousand dollars, once you factor all the supporting mods in, like the fuel system, as well as tyres that can put that sort of power to the ground, etc etc etc.

But you didnt give us a budget to work with, so what else did you expect someone to say?

Maybe give us a little more info, about things liek how much you wanna spend, and we can give you some real advice.
    to see all of my build, checkout

At the end of the day money talks man.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    make your self faster NOT the car.

but anyway, hondata s300 + tune. also s2k isnt THAT fast, well at least not what all the hype is about.

also stock evo 6 will buff s2k
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    So he brought a car knowing that its not built for the strip... makes u wonder why ppl even buy type-rs these days lol, prbs all wank factor i guess

Shoulda brought a evo, skyline wrx etc as such from the start if uwanted straight line fun...... just look at the statistics really.. 2.0 turbo 4wd, 0-100 5.5 seconds? can s2k do that?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    this is what i did when i went drags,

put tire pressure down to 20psi (at the front only, rears hard as rocks)

launched at 5500rpm, hand the hand brake up all the way, when i felt the cars rear end dip i launched and put the hand brake down.

stock itr i got my 60ft in 2.1 secs and passed the line at 14.6

buy some semi slicks with a soft sidewall, in track racing you want a STIFF sidewall, where as for drag u want a SOFT sidewall,
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    So he brought a car knowing that its not built for the strip... makes u wonder why ppl even buy type-rs these days lol, prbs all wank factor i guess

Shoulda brought a evo, skyline wrx etc as such from the start if uwanted straight line fun...... just look at the statistics really.. 2.0 turbo 4wd, 0-100 5.5 seconds? can s2k do that?
    why would you buy an evo or a wrx for straight line fun? They are bred from the World Rally Championship.

they are made to go around corners on gravel.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Buy a s2k F20c. Buy a ITR K-series gearbox. Slap them in the Integra. Fight fire with fire LOL
    part time potato

put a rocket on your car
    Be water my friend.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    why would you buy an evo or a wrx for straight line fun? They are bred from the World Rally Championship.

they are made to go around corners on gravel.
    same deal with every other car, BUT muscle cars... than again, all cars are meant 2 be driven in some matter, rally or road... either way, how the op approach the useage of ITR is beyond me....
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

100hp nitruous and own him Paul Walker stylez...

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    sorry guys shouldve provided more info.. the budget isnt really a problem, but trying to keep the cost minimal. k swaps are out of the question, we want to keep the B. im not after redicilous amounts of power (600hp etc) as its a daily.our goal is to break the 200kwatw barrier.. weve got a hondata on the way, but we want a little more to tune than just ihe atm.. thanks for the input guys