Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport

start up problem

Hi all,
    May i ask if you notice the time needed to start the engine after turning the key to III ?

I recently found that, after i insert the key, and switch to on (III), to start the car, there is a delay in starting the car. It takes, i guess, more than 1 sec to start up the car, where in the past, i used to start the car immediately.
    Does anyone know if there is anything wrong with my FD2??
    is it a starter problem?
    btw, it only happens when i first start my car everyday (despite of morning or afternoon, it happens when i FIRST turn the car on everyday.)
    thanks a lot

Yeah i have this same problem as well, from not too long ago. I dont know why it is, but it lags, as in the ignition process seems to be delayed for some reason. I would also like some help, thanks!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    why this post is deleted?
    May i ask if anyone can help with our ignition process please??

You double posted if you didnt realise.......

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic FD1
    it can be anything man, from dirty spark plug, spark plug leads, battery, and alternator. the best is to go to Honda if you car still have warranty. Otherwise get electrician to check the battery voltage using volt meter to see if there is any parasitic drain. if not then you also need to check how much the current draw from your battery when the ignition is off.

Might just go to the dealer and check it out to be safe. Btw Vlix, are you in the city often? I think ive seen you around

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic FD1
    yeah mate, i'm working in city so i always go to city almost everyday

oh no wonder lol. You got smoked tailights yeah?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic FD1
    yep, where did you see me?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    i found that if i run the car on 98 fuel, ignition takes longer. if i switch to 91 or 95, there is no delay =\

Quote Originally Posted by vlixcool View Post
    yep, where did you see me?
    Um... You were driving up towards oxford st side from george st from where i saw it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by vlixcool View Post
    it can be anything man, from dirty spark plug, spark plug leads, battery, and alternator. the best is to go to Honda if you car still have warranty. Otherwise get electrician to check the battery voltage using volt meter to see if there is any parasitic drain. if not then you also need to check how much the current draw from your battery when the ignition is off.
    Hi, but...i will only have the delay when i FIRST start the car everyday. After driving the car, there is no delay to start the car again anymore during that day.
    Moreover, i found that my remote control is having problem recently too.....few weeks ago, the control is very sensitive, but recently, most of the time, i need to keep pressing the lock/unlock button in order to lock/unlock the car.....it feels like the car cant detect the singal, or the remote control cant delivery the signal......may i ask if anyone knows what's the problem?
    thanks a lot.