'94 VTi-R manual transmission

This is what im buying. I like the body and ive heard they have about 10 extra horspower over a '95 or '96. The only problem is looking on the net they have such a varying price, from 10 to 16 grand and most of them have no mods. Obviously i plan on doing it up once i get it but basically im wondering what i should expect to pay for one ?, what is a decent price ?

wtf?
    later model is better

thats what i thought but it was also a factor that the later models tend to cost a tad more.

IMO but this could be because i have one, i would sell mine for $15k no lower but that's because i don't have any mods, have a book stamped by honda all thru it's life and it's only done 115klm's and it's BLACK!!

No lower then $13k cos then it may sound fishy?... or just a damn good deal. This is in melbourne btw where the cars tend to cost a bit more.

whats "IMO"

in my opinion.

or there is imho.

which is in my humble opinion

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Vti-R
    Well Integra Vti-R's only come in manual firstly. Secondly if a Vti-R one is in a clean, regularly serviced, stock and low'ish Km's (ie less than 150,000Km) then price should be in the range of $13-15K. One that might have been neglected or high K's you can prob. pick one up for about $12 if you're lucky.

And BTW, the '94 version does have the same power as the 95 or 96 version Vti-R. It has about 15-20kw more power than the Integra GSi.

yeh i know, the GSi has 107Kw and the VTi-R has 127Kw

I wasnt really sure about the whole 10 horses thingo but i read it and thought why not believe it. Anyway I am happy getting a 94 but seeing as there are some 95's and 96's in the same price range i might look at those too.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    If it is in the same price range, go for the newer models.

That's what I would do anyways.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    just go for the one in better condition.

i saw some '96 models with 190kms and no service history going for 14k! I ended up with a '94.

Just get it checked out by someone who knows what they're doing. But because it's 10 years old, be prepared for a bit of wear and tear.