Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000

Engine ticking & ebay engine mounts

Hi guys!

Happy new year to all!

Over the holiday season, my engine starting to make a ticking noise thats quite louf & noticable when im pulling up to a stop. For about 2 days, i decided not to hit vtec just incase I'd do some kinda damage, but I did just to try. Vtec seemed to lag until bout 7k rpm - then it cut as if the engine was cold (which it wasn't since I was driving it for bout half an hour before hand and had 3 bars) and the whole car just jolted. I read up a bit on s2ki, and some say that it could be the valves - in which case would an adjustment get rid of the ticking noise and the vtec cut - or are these unrelated?

Also, has anyone purchased aftermarket engine mounts off e-bay - would like to see some feedback if anyone has!

Thanks!

checked your oil level?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Yeah i;ve checked that - sorry forgot to mention that - its fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Check your oil again. When cold. Or timing chain tensioner has carked it. It sounds like a loose chain, makes a slapping noise

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Not really a slapping noise - i think its either the TCT or needs a valve adjustment. Just wondering if any1 has had the same/similar problem. Thanks for the input guys!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Tappet noise wont harm your car unless its for a longggggggggggg period of time you havent serviced but.. vtec cutting in and out usually has something to do with oil level/pressure. Check your oil again haha

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Hey guys,

I did a valve adjustment myself and changed the oil two days ago. the loud tapping noise has disappeared!

There still is a bit of a noise, but I think its normal. Mater later down the track, change the TCT anyway.

Thanks alot!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    how difficult was the tappet adjustment? did you use any online guides or anything?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Just the Honda manual for the valve clearances & there was a video on you-tube that helped - wish I could forward u the link but can't access it at work! The most time consuming excercise was taking out the air box though.

come Adjust my valves!
    VTEC YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Lol! I knew I should have writeen up a DIY!

S2Krazy Array
    Post up that link if you can.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...