Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay

Engine Registration

are there any consequences if you've changed your engine but it hasnt been registered to your car?

well its illegal to not do so.
    You can drive for eternity ( or atleast until your next rego - where the pink slipper is supposed to check all details and match with current records)
    or you will get pulled over and busted the very second you drive on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay
    would there be a find involved? lost of points?

you would have to send a direct email to vicroads to ask what it is , and what demerit points involved.

Obviously , your car would be deemed unroadworthy and illegal to drive until details are updated. That is - you wouldnt be able to drive it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    why dont you just change/register it?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    you haven't mentioned what motor you swapped (D16 ---> B18etc??) in but you also know if you haven't informed your insurer if you have an accident your insurance will be void

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    you would be in my condition. i drove without registering the engine. i got busted hard by the popo and now i have a car with no rego sitting in my garage waiting to be put back on the road lol

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    you would be in my condition. i drove without registering the engine. i got busted hard by the popo and now i have a car with no rego sitting in my garage waiting to be put back on the road lol
    wtf, wat u have to do to get car back on road?

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    pretty much i put have all stock parts back on excluding the engine and then have a crack at vicroads if i can get it regoed without engineering cert would be bonus. but if i cant then i will need one.

everything is almost done just my srs light is on and i think my ecu is broken... no idea man. headache bad

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty-Civic View Post
    would there be a find involved? lost of points?
    if you were to get busted for the engine. I;m not sure about the poiints but it is very RARE that cops check the engine codes and lost of rego stickers dont even have the engine number on them.
    In my case i actaully had a letter to go to the police station for an inspection so i had to cancel my rego.

If i were you i would just register the engine it will do you well.
    1. No worries
    2. Its not that hard
    3. Its the Legal way.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    While on topic, how do I register a b16a turbo into an ek1? As in what do I need? engineers cert and blue slip? If so where can I get there. I should have receipt for the engine purchase from japan.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay
    only problem im worried about is that the car is under my dads name. and im not nominated as a driver for my insurance. could this be a problem?