Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty-Civic View Post
    only problem im worried about is that the car is under my dads name. and im not nominated as a driver for my insurance. could this be a problem?
    the problem is when the insurance assessor inspects ur car, then when he/she reports it to the insurance company, then they gonna try refuse ur claim, coz ur new engine is not registered to the car, which makes it illegal. the problem with u is that insurance will ask y were u driving d car if ur not listed as a driver, also they will ask ur dad y did he let u drive it 1st place. so either way ur fukd bcoz they not going to pay u out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    yeah its no problem man.
    only that if the insurance company finds out then you're in a WORLD of trouble. I've told a few of my friends after i got busted to get their engine's registered so im going to say the same for you.

DO IT!

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    While on topic, how do I register a b16a turbo into an ek1? As in what do I need? engineers cert and blue slip? If so where can I get there. I should have receipt for the engine purchase from japan.
    not too sure about Sydney but you'd just need a engineers cert and get it registered. If it wasn't turbo then you wouldn't need one if you were in melbourne

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    only problem im worried about is that the car is under my dads name. and im not nominated as a driver for my insurance. could this be a problem?
    its a problem not only for you, but whomever you may crash into also. glad you live in Melbourne

Sought out the engine rego, and sought out your insurance!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay
    no no im asking as in can i register the new engine my self without my dad to the car since the car is not under my name. its under my dads name for cheaper insurance and stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    not sure whats its like in VIC but in QLD when changing engine number the owner of the car needs to sign the form. they don't actually have to be the one that goes into the DOT but they have to sign on the dotted line

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    no no im asking as in can i register the new engine my self without my dad to the car since the car is not under my name. its under my dads name for cheaper insurance and stuff
    no you need your dad. or your dad to write a letter that you can do it

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay
    okay cool. there wouldnt be any problem putting a b18c2 into an ek from vic roads will there?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    okay cool. there wouldnt be any problem putting a b18c2 into an ek from vic roads will there?
    it sounds like you've already done the swap, wouldnt you have found out yourself before doing so? using the search command I'm sure you could find many threads on the topic of engine swap rules in VIC
    Last edited by markismaximus; 09-01-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay
    nah i havnt actually LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    go google. vicroads engine and you should be able to find it. I'd link you but im lazy lol.

It should say. if the engine is aust dilvered and from the same model car, example, b16a into a ek1 then you dont need eng cert.

but if doesnt fit the criteia above then you need engine reciepts, eng cert and all those evidence to support you. Plus vicroads will inspect your car. Where as in the above they dont.

~King Of Spam~