Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic

please help. no start on my b18c2

hi everyone, i need a bit of help, i have a b18c2 in my eg civic, i messed around with the wiring, now thats all sorted. And now it wont start.

It cranks when the key is turned, i just got a brand new dizzy and still wont go, ive checked my ecu on a friends car, and it works. Ive checked the fuses in the engine bay, the cylinders are getting fuel, i cleaned the spark plugs and it's started pulsing a little bit, but still nothing. My friend suggested the cylinder position censor? If this may be the problem where is it located and where can i get a replacement.

Any help you guys can offer would be awesome as i really need it to run this weekend. Thanks shamwow

Member Array
    Car:
    DC
    So the eng cranks but doesn't kick over? Was it running fine before you messed with the wiring?

If u got a new dizzy, the cylinder position sensor is inside the dizzy.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    ah ok, true. think i've figured it out, i've got no compression on any cylinder, so i've worked out either the timing belt has jumped and put the cams out of wack with the pistons, which is the result of a pulley failing, because the number 1 piston isn't lining up the with dizzy rotor. or every single valve in my engine is seized. Just going to have to take it apart and go through it step by step. cheers any how.