Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AP2 tail light problem

hey fellas,
    I got my car back today and installed my
    ap2 tail lights on my ap1.
    anyway, my problem is that my tail lights still have a dim light on both sides when everything on my car is completely off.
    any thoughts? could it be the wiring?

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    yeah.. sound like you have a short somewhere... check your wiring.. did you use the ap2 wiring?? or did u modify your standard wiring??
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

ap2 wiring but I had to splice my ap1 harnesses

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    this happened to me and my mate as well it's so annoying I found the only way to fix it is plice the ap1 wires back in, and plug a bulb in but also have the ap2 tails plugged in.

I searched for days but no luck noone has had this problem before. I also found that splicing one of these mini circutboards from a old small neon I used to have worked as well but that ended up burning and died.

I think it has something to do with the resistors in the ap2 tail circutboard it's not cutting the currency properly and it's letting a small amount of power run through.

For afew weeks everytime I park the car I would pull out the fuse, at first I thought you could just pull the plugs out but when you pull one out the other one lights up.. and if you pull both out your 3rd brake light lights up LOL!
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

what a headache! I guess I'll have to do that then. thanks for the help man!

yo yvets, did you only need to wire up one ap1 (inlcuding bulb) to make the dim light turn off? I only did one side and now their both off!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    i just wired up one ap1 brake light bulb so it sits in the boot lol that's all. any one side is fine
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    does that mean it drains overnight? :O I was JUST about to pay for my AP2 lights...

drains very little. my mate had his car switched off for seven days and cranked just fine when he turned his ca on

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Anyone try measuring how much power is actually going through that globe? Why don't people put in a resistor instead? Or am I talking fluff again.. I'd atleast hook up an LED instead, no heat and doesn't consume as much power burning halogen! Looks like it'll be more than a project when I recieve my set!

P.S. Did anyone install it without cutting anything?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    Anyone try measuring how much power is actually going through that globe? Why don't people put in a resistor instead? Or am I talking fluff again.. I'd atleast hook up an LED instead, no heat and doesn't consume as much power burning halogen! Looks like it'll be more than a project when I recieve my set!

P.S. Did anyone install it without cutting anything?

you can't install it without cutting the chassis it wont fit.

I had a resistor unit in there first which ended up burning and died, the bulb acts like a resistor and works fine and it only turns on when I brake so can't really notice.

It dosen't drain enough power to empty your battery overnight or even afew nights it does however kind of look cool haha.

It does not happen with everyone so this shouldn't be a reason why you don't order your ap2 lights, I would play around with it some more but I'm not the best with electronics
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

are you talking about cutting the chassis or the harnesses? either way, you need to cut to have them on. yvets solution is easy and conveninent besides the fact that you have a bulb floating in your boot!