Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by JN7 View Post
    are you talking about cutting the chassis or the harnesses? either way, you need to cut to have them on. yvets solution is easy and conveninent besides the fact that you have a bulb floating in your boot!
    its vyets lol anyway and yes its the easiest i just spliced into the existing bulb harness the bulb sits behind the boot lining anyway so you can't see it maybe i should just put it outside so I have 2 boot lights hehe.

You have to cut the chassis + harness lol, unless you opt for grinding now the ap1 plugs.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    ap2 is LED'd?

this happened when i changed bulb to LEDs on my mini.. might be because of different currents?
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by m3ntAL_l2 View Post
    ap2 is LED'd?

this happened when i changed bulb to LEDs on my mini.. might be because of different currents?
    I would agree except it's not happening to everyone, only a select few people I always just thought my ap2 lights were stuff but now 2 more people appear hehe :P
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    lol @ yvet

yeh... i meant use an LED instead of a globe, but if your saying it only stays on when you are driving then that doesn't matter.. I guess i'll wait and see when I do mine. I'm alright with the sparks, so maybe I can find out exactly why it happens!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    lol @ yvet

yeh... i meant use an LED instead of a globe, but if your saying it only stays on when you are driving then that doesn't matter.. I guess i'll wait and see when I do mine. I'm alright with the sparks, so maybe I can find out exactly why it happens!
    that would be good man I really want a proper solution haha my solution is so ghetto LOL
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    you think that's ghetto... wait till you read up on some ns users... they are true ghetto..

i'm x-ns. LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    I didn't mean it like that lol and yea ns is bad :P expected but my daily eg is ghetto haha xD
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    red ap1
    i didnt cut or splice up any of my ap1 wiring...only grinded down my ap1 plugs to make them fit the ap2 sockets
    and had to get smaller indicator bulbs as ap1 bulbs were too big to fit through.

yeah, that's one way to do it. the other way is to buy ap2 harnesses and cut the ap1 harness off and wire the ap2 harness back up with the ap1 wires.
    ps. my bulb off the ap1 harness doesn't even light up so it must be very LITTLE power

hey guys,

im the other guy Vyet mentioned regarding this issue.
    at the moment, ive just left it as it is. its doing no harm to the battery, but is annoying.

i didnt cut any of the wiring, but i took out the AP1 plugs and put in AP2 plugs. had to grind down the metal contacts a bit to make them insert into the AP2 plugs.

i have yet to test the amps running through the wires, but i also want to inspect the brake light switch (connected to the brake pedal i suspect)

digging up an old thread fellas,
    with the bulb that's just dangling in the boot, is that light meant to light up when plugged in and headlights on?
    my brake lights won't light up when i have that bulb plugged in.. meaning when i take it out, the brake lights would work.
    ive had it the extra bulb in for a couple of months and have had no issues up until now..

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Just saw your question on that thread John, check if that bulb is busted, caus it's a brake light + rl bulb so sometimes one of them goes which is what happened to mine just replaced it and works a charm again lol.
    Just look too see if one of the lines are broken **** I don't know what the actual terms are LOL hope you get what i mean.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!