Member Array
    Car:
    Shitbox

possible K20a rebuild, injen cai hydrolock story for the 1111111111xxx time.

hi guys i was wondering if anyone knows the cost of a rebuild? would it still economical rather than selling a car which is hydrolocked? im not pretty sure if its hydrolocked or completely ***D. story is the missis is driving it going home, then "apparantly" she saw a puddle but could not slow down because someone was behind and she couldnt swerve going towards the other lane to aviod the puddle stroy short the engine died tried starting it but to no avail but apparently its still turning over not bang no clunky noise from turning it over. the car was towed home and didnt get touched since. this happend thursday night. im going to change the oil remove the spark plugs to potentially remove the water if there is still any im thinking by now all the water went down the crank or evaporated. i know its a small window of opportunity but still worth a try rather the just letting it go without trying.

thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    it depends on what sort of damage is done as to what is needed to be replaced.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    drop the sump and turn the motor over
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    If the K20A block is OK with bent rods & or crank etc,
    We can fix it with 2nd hand OEM parts for quite a reasonable price.
    Otherwise go aftermarket for more cost.
    If the block is split you should consider an import motor or a K24 if you're on a tight budget.

1st thing to do is pull the spark plugs, discounnect the injectors & motor tyher thing over to make sure the water all gets out.
    Blow it out with compressed air too if you have it.
    Refit the plugs & injector clips & crank it over & see what happens.
    If it runs & sounds good... You might be lucky.
    If it runs & sounds shiite, do a comp test & go from there.
    Take the radiator cap off too when you 1st try to start it & see if you have a ghyser.
    Hope that helps

Adrian
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Shitbox
    hi adrian it still turns over but needs to be on jumper leads its reading 12v-13v. its cranking but its not starting i havent replaced the spark plugs yet. i tried that but no water came out. if you could please pm me with the cheapest option as long as it gets up and running. thanks!